1

te'marie louis

" you need therapy marie" my father said while yelling at me. i sat on the couch with my legs bunched up. i was crying already. him raising his voice didn't help.

my mom walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. "she's trying the best she can will. don't be so hard on her" my mom said while wiping my face. she smiled at me and kissed my forehand.

"it's been four months tanya! she clearly isn't trying hard enough. i'm tired of these damn excuses for her" my dad said while grabbing my arm and pulling me away from her.

i tried kicking him but he grabbed my leg. "stop it will! are you out of your mind? you want her to be better but constantly treat her this way?" my mother said while grabbing me away and getting in his face.

i wanted to run into my room and shove my face into my pillow. this isn't the first time something like this has happened. my mother & father are always going at it.

"go to your room marie" my mom signaled me away. i didn't want to leave her out here. i felt guilty every time i did. the next day she would always have bruises all over her body.

i didn't move from the living room. i wasn't going to either. "you heard her. go to your room" my father said while shouting at me. i was scared but i didn't move a muscle.

my mom didn't look my way. she was too busy looking at my father with a frightened face. we both were scared and lost on what to do.

my dad didn't say anything to the both of us. he walked up to my mother and slapped her. "it's your fault she doesn't respect me. you didn't raise her correctly" my father said while showing my mother no pity.

she was holding her face. backing up from my father. i watched her back away from him. i clenched my first due to my anger towards him.

how could someone treat their wife like this? he walked up to me and grabbed the collar of my shirt. i slapped his hand away. he tried grabbing me again but i held his hands away from him.

you could see him getting more angry. you could see his emotions change in his face. my mother still yelling and begging him to stop. she got no reply to him. he kept attacking me.

he slapped me. i didn't cry or show any emotion. i stared at him like the sick man he is. i didn't say not one word to him.

"will please leave her alone!" my mother begged. my father let me go and pushed me onto the floor. he walked away from the both of us and left the house while slamming the door. my mother ran to me on the floor and hugged me. "i'm so sorry" she whispered while pulling me in tight.

-

"you look so tired! wanna go to the library and take a nap?" navi asked me while trying to take my backpack off of my back.

she's trying to carry it for me but i already told her i could do it myself. she's so pushy at times. "actually yeah let's go to the library" i said while pulling my backpack away from her.

we walked into the library and i sat down at this table. i laid my arms and used them as a pillow so i could put my head down.

navi was already doing her homework so she wasn't paying my any attention. my face was bruised this morning. i had to use makeup to cover it up.

i wonder how my mom was. it's usually hard for her in the mornings. she remembers everything from the night before. she breaks down every morning wondering where her life went wrong. i always have to comfort her.

my mom is an emotional wreck. she always been this way. i don't judge her for it. i wish i could be in tune with my emotions like her. i usually just lash out and cry. that's why navi is my only friend. she's the only one who took time to be patient with me.

"i'll do your homework as well" navi said while trying to grab my chromebook. i slapped her hand away. she's always being extra when trying to be nice.

she laughed at me and opened her phone. i wonder where my dad went. i don't give two shits about where he went but i'm curious if he'll come back with those weak ass flowers and the same apology or will he come back and act like nothing happened?

the second option is his favorite. i only got flowers and an apology once from him. not that im looking forward to it. i already know it's all fake.

i miss my old parents. when i was a child i didn't have to be scared to go home. i wouldn't have to be scared for my mother. i most definitely wasn't scared of my father either.

navi tapped my shoulder. "are you okay?" she asked. i didn't even realize the tears steaming down my face. i simply nodded and wiped my tears.

she was looking at me with concern. i wanted to tell her to stop fucking looking at me but again i realized she's patient with me. i shouldn't be rude to her. or anyone.

i wish things would just get better.

________________________________