15. Eclipsed by Love

The movie was great, you would say, if you weren't distracted by Dark's antics that scrambled your thoughts. It was irking you, the ease with which he could fluster you with a mere touch of his hand or a whisper of your name.

Yet, the journey back home with him proved sweet. He critiqued the film with a depth that suggested a seasoned cinephile, even though it was his first ever movie. Dark exuded passion, never dismissing even the minutest detail; you found this quality admirable.

Walking beside him with your hands around his arm, you couldn't ignore the subtle strength resonating from his frame, evident even through the fabric of his shirt with every flex of his muscles. Each aspect of him seemed to blur your mind, enveloping you in a delightful haze.

He paused before your doorstep, his gaze tender as he turned to you. "How are you feeling?" Dark's voice carried a warmth that melted any remaining tension, his hand lingering on your waist with a subtle squeeze as he took in the sight of you beneath the soft illumination of the front door's light.

"In love," you confessed without thinking, the words escaping in a breathless whisper. Despite the undeniable connection between you, a flicker of apprehension danced in your mind. Even with the comfort of his presence, the fear of unrequited emotions lingered over the man who literally shed his immortality for you and took you on a date. Oh, but a heart is a sensitive little bud, and sometimes it simply craves a taste of reassurance.

Dark let out some air from his nose as he stepped closer, pulling you in and closing the gap between you two. "You're precious," he murmured. Your hands found their way onto his shirt as you gazed into his eyes, feeling the quick beats of his heart. He, too, was under your spell, enchanted by you.

As the tension between you mounted, Dark leaned in closer, his lips hovering just inches from yours. The anticipation crackled in the air, each breath mingling with the other's as you both teetered on the edge of desire. "I'm in love too, you're all mine." Dark's voice was a hush as he held on to the fabric of your clothes for emotional support, it took him all the bravery to say it knowing this time he wouldn't disappear, knowing this time he would stay in your embrace.

With a whispered promise of fondness, his lips finally met yours in a tender kiss. It was as if the world around you ceased to exist, leaving only the sensation of him against you and the sweet taste of his lips. At that moment, time seemed to stand still, allowing you to relish every fleeting second of bliss.

But as the kiss deepened, a subtle shift occurred in his movements, his hands sliding down your back urgently as he pulled you closer. His lips, once gentle and yielding, now conveyed a desperate longing, a silent plea for more. With each caress, each brush of his lips against yours, it was as if he was begging for more.

Dark broke the kiss, trailing his lips along your neck, whispering your name against your skin. Your hands tangled in the dark curls of his hair as he found the sensitive spot just below your ear and a soft moan escaped you. Your back arched, pushing your body into his, and you felt the bulge in his pants pressing onto your lower stomach. It only fueled your own need for him.

"Dark...bedroom," you managed to breathe out, the urgency evident in your tone.

With a gentle nip at your skin, leaving a love bite as a lingering reminder, he groaned in response. Reluctantly releasing you, he let you open the door to your home. But as soon as it clicked shut behind you, he wasted no time in snatching you up by the waist, his arm hooking under your legs.

You squealed in surprise as he lifted you effortlessly, although the sound quickly melted into giggles, the adrenaline and anticipation heightening the excitement of the moment.