scared-Nate

⚠️Mentions of abuse.

I don't Why but I hate this.

Nate POV

I closed the door and took off my shoes. As I walked up the stairs, I heard light sobs. I looked into my room.
Y/N was kneeled on the ground, shaking, trear streaming down her face. She was picking up pieces of glass of the ground into her hand. A broken picture frame was the cause of the glass.
"Y/N," I called. Her head snapped up, the tears flowed faster as she shaked harder.
"I-I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." She cried, shaking her head. I walked over, and she scooted back, breathing faster.
"Please don't hurt me. I'm sorry, please." She begged. What is she talking about?
I kneeled next to her, she held her hands up in defense. Her hands were full of cuts, from the glass, dripping blood.
I grabbed her wrists gently, bringing her hands down.
"I'm sorry, please." She said in a broken voice.
"I'm not gonna hurt you." I said softly. She still looked terrified. I helped her up and brought her to the bathroom, cleaning up her hands. I bought her to my bed and held her close. Ignoring the glass.
She was still lightly shaking. After a while she was more calm.
"Redy to talk?" I asked, she nodded.
"My ex used to hit me." She took a breath.
"Usually, it was cause I did something wrong. But sometimes he just did it cause he could. One time, when I forgot to get him chocolate, he pushed down the stairs." My eyes widened.
"Why didn't you break up with him?" I asked, rubbing her back.
"I was too in love. He said I was lucky to he with him. That I deserved it. So I believed it. I thought I was gonna marry him." She said as tears welled in her eyes.
"So how'd you get out of it?" I asked.
"Well, eventually I realized I didn't love him, and I tried to break up with him. But he wouldn't let me. He started hitting me harder and more often." She was silent for a while, then giggled.
"Then he stabbed me in front of my friends. He's in jail." She said.
"Why are you laughing about that?" I asked, staring at her confused.
"I don't know, it was a long time ago." She shrugged.
"I'm sorry you went through that." I said, holding her tighter.
"It's fine." She said, closing her eyes.
My strong girl.