1 - Just Woke Up

EARL

"You ever try to hurt her again you're dead!" I said while facing down a monster.

"What's..... happening here?" Ylona whimpered seeing me and the monster.

"Run, Ylona. Just. RUN!" I shouted.

While Ylona quickly stood up and ran, it seemed to have caught the monster's attention.

"Hey idiot!" I called.

"Shoudn't your target be someone your own size? Or at least the closest?". I added.

The monster seemed to have heard my insult, 'cus I swear I saw his eyes glow bright red and smoke puff out of his ears. The monster ran straight at me. I didn't know what to do. No weapons, no idea what I'm gonna do, so defenseless and..... so scared. And just before the monster hit me, I woke up.

The name Ylona was familiar, like I heard it before or something. I stood up quickly, relieved that it was just a dream, but it felt so real. Ylona had blue eyes, was beautiful. She had black hair too.

"Maybe I'm losing it." I smiled.

There was silence at first, but the doorbell broke the ice.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's us, let us in." Someone said.

I was actually relieved to know that it was them, after having that dream- no, nightmare, I was looking forward to some fun.

"Come in." I said, while opening the door for my best friends.

"Hey man!" Jan said.

"Hey Earl!" Reign said.

"Hey bros!" I said.

"Dude, you could not guess what I was dreaming about." I said.

"You being a hero?" Jan said.

"I guess it counts but not exactly. How'd you know?" I asked.

"You're kind of predictable." Reign said.

"Yeah, right." I said.

"So, why'd you guys come here?" I asked.

"We came to watch the AEDB with you." Jan said.

Oh yeah, the AEDB, it means Alien Entity Discovery Broadcast. It's supposed to be a one-time broadcast about the discovery of a meteor that landed straight at Earth. They said that the meteor wasn't detected by their radar, so they suspected that there might be alien activity involved in it. Don't know how they got there but I don't believe one thing about it. So they're supposed to show what they found in the meteor. And it's gonna be on air now. So we took our seats and watched it. My God, it's true. I can't really explain it but it is sort of like a rock that glows. Don't know what they're gonna do about it but they said that they were gonna test it in labs to get answers and if possible, make something good out of it. It's a surprise that people aren't panicking over this. But I know one thing for sure, the aliens or whatever sent the meteor here, aren't gonna stop.