7 - Time Gods

When I came to, I already hear Ylona shouting my name. 

"Ylona? What's wrong?" I asked. 

She pointed to the bodies and said,

"What are they?"

"It's okay. They're Blue and Red. They're the ones who gave me the keys that turn to weapons." I assured her. 

"They're- Actually what are you? I never thought to ask that." I asked. 

"We are the Time Gods." Blue said.

"Time Gods? If you're time gods then why don't you fix all this? You know, kill the aliens in the past so they won't be here now."

"We can't do that. We can only ensure that time survives. However, you can time travel. Only if you travel to a time that only has a small difference between your present. It will be dangerous if you travel to a past that is well past 6 years. There will be consequences." Red said.

"What kind of consequences?" Ylona asked.

"The past you in that time will be erased. The present you that time traveled is gonna be the one to replace him, with your memories of the present erased." Blue said.

"Damn." I said.

"And why didn't you travel back to save Ylona and prevent the all out attack?!" Blue asked furiously.

"Because it felt like I could beat them! I already killed two of them!"

"There will be thousands more. Simultaneously. Are you sure you can beat them when the time comes?"

"I hope so."

"Well ok then, if you think you can't beat them, travel back in time."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

"And one thing, when you asked why we chose you? It's because you're special. Until we meet again."

I was about to ask what he meant. But again, I was too slow. I returned back to my world. Looks like I was the first to wake up since Ylona is still lying down. When I was about to wake her up, I saw her face. She was so cute when she was sleeping. Anyway, before I collapsed again I woke her up.

"Hey! Hey, Ylona! Wake up!"

She stood up and said "Earl? How lomg were we out?"

I checked my watch.

"10 seconds? Wow, I guess time slows down when we meet with Blue and Red."

"That reminds me. What did he mean by, prevent an all out attack?"

I sighed.

"When we first met, I killed the alien right? Apparently that set off an all out attack."

"Then why didn't you save me without killing the monster?"

"Because I knew it was impossible."

"Impossible."

"Yeah. We would be dead before I can save you."

Before she could say something the ground shook. I looked for another portal but nothing was happening. But I didn't notice the meteors landing behind me left and right. All of them turned into portals. I'm guessing that their alien capacity increased because its the actual meteor that changed. We ran while we still have time. I coudn't beat them. I was wrong. We need to go back to time. But again, I won't do what the brothers said, if they are brother. I tried to focus, use the key's power. It was happening. I felt stronger and faster. But I needed more to time travel. I tried to think of Ylona. It worked. I can feel that I reached the limit. Why is Ylona always the reason for my rising? I looked for a place where we could talk and there will be no disturbances. I found one and headed there. We sat to rest and talk.

"Earl, your eyes are yellow again."

"Yup, thats the point. I need to go back."

"Back in time? You can't! We'll be killed! And let's face it, this attack will happen eventually."

"Not exactly. I'm going back six years. 1 year before the aliens planned anything."