3 - Invasion

I still don't know what the dynamic duo was talking about. I don't see any danger coming our way, and I still have the keys. They sometimes shine at night, I just ignore it.

After the long classes today, I finally knew what the danger was. All of the products they made with the alien rocks started beeping and exploded. The hoverboards, eyeglasses, cellphones, laptops, everything. I thought that this may not be the danger they were talking about. This problem does not need these keys. At least I didn't think so.

And then even the products without the rocks' contents exploded. Buildings, bridges, cars. And then I suddenly realized, breaking a tiny piece of my heart, that this place was in the process of turning into the world that I saw in my dream. I was standing still. Scared, like when I was standing down that monster. The big, heavily armored monster. And I remembered Ylona, the girl in my dreams. I tried to remember my dream to search for any information that may tell me where this place was.
If you're wondering how I can remember the dream, I don't know. I can remember this specific dream but not the others. Back to my search, I saw one house that I didn't notice before, one that will help me save her life. I saw the road where Ryan almost got hit. Luckily, that road was just on the other side of my home. I ran towards the direction of the road.

By the time I arrived, I saw the monster and her. Oh my God, it's Ylona. Her classes must've just ended too because she was still wearing her school uniform. I don't know why but it feels like she's gonna be important. I don't know if she's important to who, to what, or..... to me.

"Stay away from her!" I shouted without even thinking.

"You ever try to hurt her again you're dead!" I threatened the monster.

For some reason something changed. I don't think I've heard some of these words before.

"What's.... happening ? Earl? Why are your eyes yellow?" Ylona said with that Australian accent I always loved.

Did she just say my name? No time to worry about that because of the monster. Yup, definitely changed.

"Run, Ylona. Just. RUN!" I shouted.

Ylona stood up and ran, getting herself to safety. It seemed to have caught the monster's attention.

"Shoudn't your target be someone your own size? Or at least the closest?".

The monster seemed to have heard my insult, 'cus I swear I saw his eyes glow bright red and smoke puff out of his ears. The monster ran straight at me. And again, the gigantic behemoth ran at me.

But this time, I wasn't scared. I had this burning sensation in my pocket. The key. I took it out, and just as I did that, I felt stronger, faster, braver. And I just noticed, Ylona didn't run. She was just standing there watching us. At the heat of the moment, I didn't care. I just threw the bigger key towards the monster and ran. After one big breath, I shouted "TIMISCUOUS!!!"