20 - Death (2)

LEPYTHON

"Why are you sitting down? Aren't you gonna fight?" My younger self asked me.

"Whats the point? We can't get out of here. You can't deactivate Time Wave once you activated it. You made a good choice by the way, sacrificing yourself to save the world and Ylona. The first two didn't even think of sacrificing themselves."

"Shut up Lepython. You won't even know what good is even if you tried."

"You're right. I did. But I'm planning to do good again."

"Why? You only wanted to let our people suffer."

"Well we're both gonna die. I'm gonna see my Ylona at the other side. I might as well do some good to increase my chances of meeting her. I'm gonna start now. You got any questions?"

"Seriously? You wanna start by answering questions. Well here's one, how come you didn't replace our past self? Blue told me that if you travel back six years, you replace your past self, with your memories erased."

"That is because I didn't complete my mission yet. When you travel back in time, surely you must have some kind of reason why you did. So as long as you have a reason, you won't replace him. If you don't have a reason, then bye bye memories."

"That explains it. How come you guys always say that I'm different? Different than the other mes."

"Thats because you cared, you loved. You're the first to have done either of those. You saved Ylona and your friends when I caught them. You are willing to sacrifice yourself for Ylona."

"Huh.......... Last one...... Do you love her? Do you love Ylona?"

"Of course I do. I loved her more than I loved myself."

"Then you would know, you are willing to sacrifice yourself to save her right?"

"Yeah, I do." Then I did something that I never thought that I would do.

"Earl?"

"Yeah?"

"Remember when I said that you and I both are gonna die? I'm gonna take you off the list."

"What do you mean? I'm stuck here. My only way out of here is my teleportation key, but I used it all up when I saved Ylona and my friends. Of course, I'm gonna die."

"No you won't." I brought out a key from my pocket and showed it to him.

"I'm talking about this."

"What is it?"

"My very own teleport key. I made it. Its a little different than yours. Your key can teleport yourself and anyone that touches you. Mine on the other hand, can be activated on myself, anything or anyone. I just throw it at their direction and it teleports them to a location I choose." I said.

"So here! Now you can go live! Change the future!!" I shouted as I threw my key to him. And shouted the magic word.

"YLNA!"

"Oh yeah, that thing you said about Ylona deserving better? You are better." My final words to him as he teleported. I added.

"Wait! What are you-"

He was gone. And just in time too, the ship was about to break down and explode. I was about to see Ylona. And as the ship I built lived its final seconds, I said my four final words.

"Yeah, I'm not him."

And as I said that, a flash of light crashed upon me.