14 - The End

EARL

Ylona was looking at me like I was sort of a god.

"Are you drooling?" I joked.

"What?" She brushed her mouth and said, "No, I'm not!"

"I'm just joking, calm down."

"Yeah well, its not that funny."

"Its pretty funny."

"Shut up." She then punched me and laughed.

"Anyway, should we go out?"

She blushed and stuttered "Wh- what? Can we talk about this after we get out of this freaking ship?"

I wondered why she was blushing suddenly. "What are you talking about?" And then I suddenly realized why she was blushing. God, why am I so dense? "Oh! I don't mean that! I'm talking about if we should get out of this closet or whatever this is. "

"Oh! Forget about what I said. Of course, we should get out of here. I'm beginning to heat up anyway."

"Yeah, me too. But I'll hold you to what you said though."

"What? No! Are you serious?"

I just laughed in response. I tried to open the door and noticed that it was locked.

"How'd you open this?"

She showed me her key and opened the door.

"Hey, that's not fair."

"Hahaha, blame Red. Here's your key by the way."

She gave me my sword key.

"Oh I didn't know I lost it. Thanks."

"Where'd you get the gloves?"

"Someone gave it."

"Who did?"

I didn't know how to answer it. Was I supposed to tell her who made it or who gave me the gloves. I went ahead for the nameless answer.

"The gunner did."

"The gunner did? Why would he give you that? And for your information, your gunner looked like your friend."

"He did? Well I wouldn't be surprised if he did."

"What do you mean?"

"He's my friend, Jan."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, he took me to the future. I met the future versions of him and his girlfriend."

"He has a girlfriend?"

"He wouldn't admit it but its gonna go down that road anyway. Why? You jealous?"

"What? No! I already have someone in my crosshairs anyway."

"And who is that?"

"Secret." Then she laughed.

"Why is it quiet? I didn't see any aliens while we were walking. We weren't afraid of walking since they basically know we're here. Still, it was too quiet. I felt like there was someone watching us, waiting for the right moment to ambush us.

"Do you feel like someone is watching us?"

"No, why?"

"No rea-Ah!" I slapped my neck and saw a dead mosquito.

"How can there be a mosquito in an alien ship?"

"I know what you feel. One stung me when I was in that closet."