18 - Final Battle

EARL

"Oh my God. Why am I doing this? I'm not Lepython, am I?" was all I could think about when we were running.

"What are we gonna do now? He knows that we escaped." Ylona asked.

"Like I said, I'm gonna go kill him."

"But where is he? We need to find him again. Maybe he's in the control room again."

"I woudn't place one more foot in there. I hope it won't come to that."

"Why not?"

"You died there in my dream."

"What? Well I'm sure that won't happen."

"I'm gonna make sure that that won't happen."

We walked around the ship to find him. There are no aliens still. I'm gonna make sure to ask myself later.
After a long time of walking and peeking in rooms, we finally found him.

"You."

"Me!" He joked, which he didn't seem like doing. But he was me so I guess I can still make jokes how matter dark the situation is. I always liked that about myself.

"Can it Lepython." Ylona said.

"Ok, ok I will. What do you want?"

"I wanna ask where the aliens are. They're nowhere to be found."

"That is because I told them to leave you guys alone and travel to your time to make you people pay. Pretty funny, right?"

"You bastard! I'm gonna kill you!"

"And then what?! You're gonna save the world?! That is NOT gonna happen!! If you make the wrong choices this is gonna happen again! I WILL always come back. I'm your future."

"I don't care!"

"You should! Don't you see?! I became this because they killed her! The woman we love!"

"The woman I love is right here beside me!"

"Shes the same person! I'm gonna make you feel the same feeling I got when I found her dead!"

"I already did! Twice!"

"What are you talking about?!"

"I'm talking about my dream! My dream that felt real!"

"What happened in that dream?! Tell me!"

"I killed you! And then Ylona was killed. My Ylona! But when I tore off the mask of the Lepython I killed, what I saw is Ylona's face. A little older. And I saw me. Older. With a body laying down beside me."

"Hahahahaha. What you dreamt about was real. My Ylona died when she was shot by the robbers. But not with a gun, it was with a bow and arrow. They said that they were trying out the "old school" or something like that. I thought they were just crazy.

"You're crazy!"

"Calm down!"

"How can I calm down?! You hurt my world, my family, my friends. You hurt Ylona! I swear to God, I'm gonna kill you!"

"Are you sure? Draw your sword." He brought out a sword of his own.

"Ylona, stand back."

"But I want to he-"

"No!! I said stand back!"

"Earl calm down. You're not yourself right now. You're becoming him!"

"Thats why I need you to stand back!"

I brought out my key and shouted Timiscuous. I only noticed that Lepython's sword looked like mine.

"Seem familiar? This sword, I made it. Its better than yours."

"Yeah, sure."

I ran towards him to attack but he blocked it.

"Impatient."

"Shut up!" I attacked again but he dodged it.

"Immature."

"I said shut up!!" I attacked again and again and again but he either blocks and dodges it.

"Not READY."

How could I have let my guard down? I was being controlled by rage and hatred so much that I couldn't control myself. He countered my attack and his blade only managed an indirect hit to my arm. It was only scratched.

I stood up. All calm. Feeling stronger. Keys that are burning. I can feel it. I can feel the power surging in my body.

"There you go." He said.

"Thats the Earl I wanted to fight. Nice aura."

"No time for chitchat Lepython. Lets go."

"Right to the point. I like it."

We clashed again but now its more evenly matched. I guess I'm a swordsman prodigy since I can keep up with him. I can't beat him using my sword. I tried to use my bow.

"Take this!" I said as I let go of the arrow.

"I don't think so." After he said that, I heard two metals hit each other. He had a bow and arrow too. Did he make the same weapons Blue and Red gave me?

"A bow too?"

"I told you already, I'm you."

"I will never be you."

And then I remembered something. Something that will end this, once and for all.