8 - The Past

"I need you to stay here." I said.

"No! I'm coming with you.'

"Its too dangerous! You can't come!."

"I don't care if its dangerous. I'm coming! And when did you start caring so much? You're not the boss of me! I'm comi---"

"It's because I like you! Okay? Ever since that dream I liked you. And I think you're important. I don't know what kind of important but I can't risk losing you. I loved your hair, your face, your body, your voice. YOU."

At first there was silence, I didn't know what I was thinking. I only met her for like an hour and I'm here already confessing. She must have thought I was weird or worse. I don't know if she was angry or blushing because her face was red. Maybe angry.

She looked back at me and said "I'm coming."

"All right fine. But promise me to stay out of harm's way."

"I promise."

"Grab my hand and close your eyes"

She grabbed my hand and I concentrated. I concentrated where I wanted to go. 6 years ago. When I opened my eyes, it was a sight for sore eyes. The buildings are fixed. There are people walking around. We're not in my home. We're close to the lab where they experimented the alien rocks.

"Hey Earl!" Blue said.

"Blue? Where are you?"

"I'm speaking through your mind."

"How? Never mind. What do you want?"

"Why did you travel six years back? You do know that you will replace your past self after you finish your mission and we will erase your memories to protect time since we are the Time Gods."

"I want to prevent all this from happening. How can I reach their planet?"

"We can't help you there. But you can. You need to another key. We have it. Only if you are ready that we will give it to you? Are you ready? We trust your judgment."

"I'm ready."

After that, I felt something burning again in my pocket. It was another key.

"What weapon is it?"

"It isn't."

"It isn't? Well what is it?"

"It can let you teleport somewhere once per month."

"That's cool. But once per month? That's lame."

"Do not doubt the the keys."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thanks for the key."

After we spoke, I can see Ylona snapping her fingers and saying something.

"Earl! Earl!"

"Wh-what?"

"You kind of spaced out there. You ok?"

"Yeah, just spoke to Blue."

"What'd he say?"

"Nothing. Just gave me this."

I showed her the key.

"What is it?"

"Teleportation key. Grab my hand. We're gonna save the world Ms. Gold. Close your eyes."

"It's a pleasure Mr. Hurricane."

I concentrated again. I was gonna be sick. Time travel was easier than teleportation.

When I opened my eyes I saw humans. No, not humans. Aliens shaped liked humans. Maybe they didn't notice our differences.

"Earl? Is it safe?"

"Yeah, open your eyes. You okay?"

"I think so. What now?"

"I guess we find the hideout of the aliens that targeted us."