22 - It Isn't Finished (Prequel to Book Two)

6 Years Later

Here we are again, back to the present after 6 years of having the memories of another future. Someone texted me in my new phone.

"Hey Earl! Lets go to the mall! You want to catch a movie?"

"Yeah, I'll pick you up at 1."

"Ok, I'lll be waiting for our date."

I showered and changed to be ready for our date. It was 12:30 already. I went inside my car and drove to Ylona's house. As I was driving, my head began to hurt. I pulled over to the side of the road to catch my breath. And then, I had a vision.

I was standing in the middle of nowhere, in front of a portal. Like Lepython made but bigger and scarier. And I was standing beside a guy wearing red. He also had a little bit of red in his hair too. He was a little bit taller than me. He had facial hair too. I wonder who he was.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be, Earl." The guy in red said.

"Well then, lets go."

And then we were going through the portals with our swords. That doesn't make any sense. I don't have my sword anymore. Since the future changed, Blue and Red didn't have a reason to give me a key.

And then I was back in my car, sweating. I rested for a second and found that it was already 12:50 and I was barely halfway to her house. I drove to their house right away.

"Oh man. She's gonna kill me."

When I arrived at 1 PM sharp, I knocked on her door. The door opened.

"Hey Earl!" She said before giving me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Hey Ylona."

"Whats wrong? You're sweating."

"Oh its nothing."

"All right then. Lets go?"

"Yeah. Hop in, your majesty."

"Thank you, Mr. Hurricane. You don't deserve highness yet." She joked.

"Why not?" I asked. She just laughed. As we arrived in the mall, I parked at the other building's parking lot since the mall's is full. I hope that was fine. Ylona did some quick shopping first for some dresses, accesories. She even bought me some shirts. And then we watched a movie. Our malls have cinemas here.

When we were done, Ylona decided to wait in the car. I stayed back for a while to buy some snacks for us.

"Sure." I gave her my keys.

When I was heading back to the car, I heard tires burn out. Then a person screaming. I called Ylona's phone but nobody was answering. When I arrived at the place where the sounds came from, I saw her and a guy laying on top of her. He was wearing a black jacket with a blue shirt and he had facial hair.

"Hey! Buddy, thats my girlfriend you're holding."

No, no this can't happen. I can't believe it. He stood up, turned back and looked at me and said,

"Hey Earl. Nice to be back here." He said. Not again. He was me. No doubt from the future.

"Lepython. What did you do to her?"

"Its okay Earl. He saved me when a car was about to hit me."

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't come with you." I said.

"No, it's okay. It was my fault. I didn't pay attention."

"Still-"

"We have some important matters to discuss." Lepython interrupted.

"By the way, I'm not Lepython. They call me Hurricane now. They say its too cool for it not to be my name."

"Who's they?"

"You'll know that in a second, depends on your answer."

"What is it? Has the future changed by the way?"

"Yeah, it has. It has changed to something a whole lot worse."

"What?"

"Anyway, I need your help in the future to win the battles that will be fought."

"Why me? You're older, wiser, braver. You have more experience."

"I can't. My arm? Prosthetic. Extremely fragile. If I try to fight, it may break. I can't risk it."

"But how am I supposed to do this? I can't prevent whats going to happen at your time."

"Its okay. You have people who will help. Didn't you have that vision yet?"

"What vision?" Ylona asked.

"I'll tell you later, Ylona."

"So, are you in or not?"

"I'm in. You?" I asked Ylona.

"I'm in too."

"Typical. You were always the brave couple."

"We still are."