II

"its crazy how life can just turn on you like that" he took his thumb and wiped a tear from my cheek

he took his thumb and wiped a tear from my cheek.

————

"is it too soon to do this yet?"
"is it cool that i said all that?"

————

part 1 summary (just in case you forgot about what happened):
gianna gets transferred to the ER to become the new nurse manager!! she's really overwhelmed and the lack of cleaning staff doesn't help that... in fact, she wonders if it was the right decision to even take the job in the first place.
gianna has been assigned to drive carter home from rehab since benton is stuck with multiple traumas. from this point on, carter and gianna build a friendship. gianna has also built a friendship with nurse abby.
gianna is exhausted from all her shifts.
carter is close with abby, too. later on, this spikes some jealousy from gianna (since now, gianna and carter are dating)
during gianna's angst toward carter, she becomes close with dr. greene. they've built a bond, sort of like a mentorship. we see this throughout seasons 7/8.
freshly broken up with abby, carter and gianna all break into lukas apartment to go replace his fish tank. they all get arrested, but flee gianna to leave her apologize to luka. this annoys gianna.
susan lewis is back!!
carter, susan, and gianna all form a friendship together. gamma is brought into the hospital and needs a hip replacement.
now, carter and gianna are in good terms.
and, abby and gianna's friendship blossoms after abby gets assaulted by her  neighbour, and lives temporarily with gianna.
gianna is angry when she finds out carter (along with luka) went and beat up abby's attacker.
we learn more about each of the characters after the episode "secrets and lies". even, carter learns more about gianna than he ever knew (he's bitter that gianna is mad). after this, gianna squashes whatever anger was going on.
mark leaves the hospital, telling gianna to keep her head up. she knows that's the last time she was ever going to see him.
mark dies, causing sadness and unsettlement throughout the department. they all attend his funeral.
later, gianna comes for a busy shift in the er. but, small pox is found in the er. so, the department has to lockdown. gianna wonders if this is real life or if she's just stuck in a nightmare. it only gets worse when she sees carter and abby making out in a trauma room they're locked in.
luka goes after her.