The merman 2

Authors note:
Bold is past events.
Italic is dreams.
Normal is present.

The connection

Nai, carried her six year old child to her best friends house. Milan opened the door with a wide grin, greeting her only friend with a huge hug. Little Pete, Nai's son, wriggled out of her grip and ran towards the living room where little Vegas is busy with a little book.

Little Pete hugged the birthday boy. "Vegy, happy birthday" Vegas smiles cutely. "Thank you" Pete smiled widely, kissing his cheek making Vegas giggle happily.

Nai and Milan watched with a smile as their sons giggles and play. Nai comes to the boys, keeping Pete a little away from Vegas. Pete pouted angrily before marching towards Vegas and clinging into him. Nai shook his head.

"Pete, don't be jealous. Let me greet him too"

"Fine, but no kissy"

Nai chuckles. "So possessive already" Nai take Vegas in her arms and wished him. Vegas smiled and kissed her cheeks. Pete had a comical disbelief face. Nai amd Milan laughed together.

"Vegy, don't kiss women like that. They will think you like them"

Vegas confusedly pout. "What is like?" Pete shool his head. "Oh oh, you don't know anything" Pete pushed his mother and sat with Vegas on the couch. "What I feel for you is like"

Vegas nodded seriously. "Oh, then I like you too" Pete smiled hearing that. Nai and Milan shockingly saw each other. "Pete, where did you hear the word 'like'?"

"You and Pa always says that. I know you guys says love but now let me like him. Then I can love him. See Pete knows it all"

Pete proudly said to his mother. Vegas hugged him. "You knows everything" Pete patted his back. "Yes"

Nai turn to Milan. "Milan, this is not my son. Why is he like this. Take him and let me have this cutie Vegas please" Nai dramatically cried. Pete covered Vegas' ear. "Don't listen to her Vegy, you will turn like her if you did"

Vegas nodded.

Pete woke up. He remembers the dream he just had and giggles. "What was that?"

Little Vegas is near to the sea. He looks around the calm sea and sighs, inhaling the fresh and sweet smell of the water. He removed the shoes he wore and touches the water that comes to his legs.

A huge wave unexpectedly take Vegas with them. Vegas struggles and tried to swim but the wave kept him beneath the water. He saw a small glow. The glow stills and then suddenly throws itself towards his chest. Vegas gasps trying to move. The glow fully occupied his body. It surrounded him, a magical dust emitted from the glow.

The next thing the boy remembers is waking up by the shore. Vegas gasps, breathing through the nose. He coughed and gagged. He tried to get up only to fall down.

He look down at his legs only to be shocked to see tails instead of legs like the woman in Little Mermaid. He tried to shake it and poke it with his fingers. He thought Pete is playing with him.