Chapter 6

Vegas' (Charlie's dad) POV

Warm red colour, lighting the whole basement dimly which with the sight of any other person would definitely be difficult for them to see in here. Being a special alpha on the other hand gave us the advantage of having better vision than others which is why I could easily pinpoint where to go even in darkness.

Not to mention that I've designed and built this place myself so even with my eyes closed I could still be able to move freely in here. This is my safe space but only until I found out that the love of my life was pregnant with my son.

We've been taking care of Venice like our own son, taking him under our care but the truth is he's my half brother. However, he have no legal relation to my dead father because he's an illegitimate child and we didn't want any trouble if one day his real mother decided to claim him back so we adopted him as our own.

It's been a smooth ride ever since and I've grown a liking to him which is not something I could easily do with the state of mind of mine. But technically he's not our shared bloodline, the possibility of him to inherit anything from us would be impossible.

Thus when we're expecting a bloodline of mine and Pete, I got anxious of unforeseen circumstances.

Why?

Because people would usually describe me as the problem, the evil, sadistic, no empathy, calculating specimen who uses anything and everything to gain power. Which they're not wrong about but what they didn't know was that the the innocent, soft and kind omega right by my side is worse than me.

His facade will surprise you. He can be the sweetest person on earth but you can't get too close to his nerve or all hell will rain on you.

The public would say that we're not compatible with one another but the truth is, we're a match made in hell.

I enjoyed torturing people and he enjoyed watching me torturing others. I got possessive easily but he got very jealous easier. It's an eye for an eye with me but with him, forget your eyes because not only you but your whole entire family will not be able to breathe in the most painful way possible. All the while he never gets his hands dirty.

How?

Just one look from his eyes, you'll die.

That is my special omega's power. Telekinesis. The ability to manipulate physical system without physical interaction.

Even as a prideful alpha myself I could say that's what makes him even more powerful than I am.

I only have the ability to control mind which allows me to read and manipulate the individual's behaviour but I couldn't kill them from the inside out. Unlike Pete who could utilise his power to break down someone's organ by pulling apart the nerves inside the system just within a minute of staring into someone's eyes.

However, his ability were never discovered by anyone other than our close family. If they do, they will immediately be killed.

Now you must be wondering what's the unforeseen circumstances that I mentioned.

Well... Powers are hereditary but it also depends on the combination of the type of blood and the turn an offspring will be born as.

If you're born from a special alpha and a normal omega then you'll most likely have a lower level of the alpha's power or sometimes none.

If you're born from a normal alpha and a special omega then you'll most likely have the exact same power as the omega.

If you're born from a special alpha and special omega then you'll likely either have both of their powers or only have either one of the power but ultimately you'll still have a similar power to one of your parents.