Chapter 13

Author's POV

10 years ago

"We've tried everything that we could but if he still can't control his power on his own then he wouldn't be able to touch anyone at all for the rest of his life.", one of the personal doctors of Theerapanyakul's family explained.

"For now the injection can only help subside his power but to remove it completely seems to not have been effective. It also have a lot of side effects if we kept using it on him even more since we can't detect what his second gender is yet. It might not be suitable if he ended up being an Omega. It could be dangerous for his body development."

"The only solution we have until he's under control of his own power would best be confinement."

Both Pete and Vegas looks devastated to hear such things. They've been doing everything they could ever since the incident of Paris killing all the hostages in the basement. He seems to have an understanding on how much power he holds and being the 12 years old kid that he is, he wants to test it. He wants to use it on anyone and everyone which makes them afraid that Paris will suffer the consequences later on in life.

Thus why he's now in a special room designated for him, one where he couldn't come out without his parents' fingerprints. Technically he's locked in and was forced to stay inside without being able to meet anyone unless necessary.

Power training, physical and mental therapy, medications yet nothing works for him.

It was a hard decision at first for his parents to lock him up like this but that's the only way for now. Vegas didn't want his child to grow up to be a monster, he wants Paris to have a normal life like any other kids does.

That's the reason why he kept Paris a secret from the world for such a long time especially in the line of Mafia clans since the enemies will always find ways to bring Theerapanyakul's clan down. That includes harming a child.

But it's inevitable for him to keep Paris a secret since he needs to go around looking for treatments for his child. There's too many rats even in the medical field to keep this a secret for longer.

"I might know a way to help your child."

Vegas who was sitting at one of the bench in his private garden turns around to find one of his worker who's holding a rake slowly walking closer towards him.

Being the vigilant head of a mafia clan, he stands up before reaching out towards his gun's holster, touching it just in case the man try to make any dangerous move. He have to always stay on guard.

"I came in peace, sir. I just have a preposition for you.", the man in his late 40s said before letting go of the rake to lift his hands in the air as a surrender sign.

"Speak.", Vegas answered.

"I heard that you've been having trouble controlling your son's power. It's seems like it's too dangerous for a kid to handle so you've been trying to find treatments, a cure, am I right?"

"Yes, where are you going with this? I don't have all day.", the head of mafia clicked his tongue annoyed.

"Just want to confirm about your son's power. He can absorb anyone's power through physical contact? Any kinds of power from any kinds of second gender?"

"We don't know that for sure but he seems to be able to absorb from me and my husband and we're both a different second gender. For now that's what we have."

"Amazing!", the man beams a little too excitedly. "I have a son who have a power to turn his senses on and off like he have a power button. Maybe if your son can absorb his it'll be able to help him control those powers."