Chapter 7

Author's POV

"Aren't you going to university?"

Charlie who's currently laying down on the couch staring at the TV screen suddenly turns around towards the source of voice behind him.

"I'm still on semester break.", he sits up from the couch to fully focus on Babe.

The older guy just sighs before moving to sit besides him. "You don't have to lie, Jeff already told me to tell you to go to class tomorrow. "

"Ohhh..."

"And why did you run away from home?"

"I didn't... You told me to stay here."

"Charlie-"

"P'Babe let's go to theme park today!", the younger guy tried to stray away from the upcoming question.

"I don't want to. Too many people.", sensing that Charlie wouldn't answer him truthfully, he didn't pry any longer but he knew he'd have to send the child home soon.

He didn't care about the child or at least he didn't want to admit to feeling such things but he just didn't want to get into trouble with the mafia family. Who knows if suddenly he would be accused of kidnapping the youngest of the brutal mafia family in his house. If that happened, best believe he'll never live to see another day.

"It's weekday, there won't but that much people. Please....", Charlie inches closer to Babe while putting on his best puppy eyes, a signature that he knew the older would give in to.

"Will you go home and go to class if we go to the theme park today?", Babe lifted his brow.

The younger turns his face away swiftly in attempt to sulk while crossing his arms to his chest. Just like what a little kid would do.

If some other people does that, Babe would've been so disgusted and he probably would've immediately kicked the kid out of his house. But for some reason he just find Charlie... Cute?

Of course his ego wouldn't let him say it out loud but it didn't erase the fact that Charlie is really growing on him.

"Come on. I only offered once. If you want to go to the theme park today you have to go home tomorrow.", Babe lured him again.

"I can come back, right? You're not changing me with another guy, right? I'm still Babe's boy, right?"

"If you don't listen to me then you no longer will be."

"Okayy! I'll go home tomorrow. Can we go to the theme park now?", Charlie latched himself onto Babe's muscular arm while smiling brightly.

A little too brightly for Babe's dimmed life. Babe always hated crowded places because of his senses. Since his sight, hearing and sense of smell are 10x better than most people, a place with a lot of things going on all at once will just make his head buzz with multiple loudness and smell.

It's different when he's at the club or at the bar because he's always intoxicated during those times and that would be the only time his senses will be less competent.

'Better be safe than having my head chopped off by the mafia family. Let's just get through today.', Babe thought to himself.

Charlie who's holding his arm, frowns his brow at the thought that he heard from the older but decided not to say anything about it.

'Like hell I would let anyone touch a single hair on your body, P'Babe.'

*****

They arrived at one of the largest outdoor theme park in Thailand at noon and the puppy like child has been skipping in his step towards the entrance.

He can already hear the screaming from the ride, children crying, the screeching of the machines, the birds chirping and truthfully it is starting to overwhelm him.