Chapter 12

Author's POV

Focusing on the meeting's details is the last thing on Babe's mind at this moment. He was forced to leave Charlie with Dean at the garage without any further clarification about their relationship due to the meeting starting and Way dragging him away.

What does he means by being Charlie's lifeline superpower? Does Charlie have a power too? Is he a special alpha too?

These questions kept repeating itself inside his head throughout the meeting to the point that even when Alan calls out his name, even with his super hearing he couldn't hear the older.

"Babe. Babe? Babe?! Are you listening?"

For a moment the room goes silent. Everyone in the room turns their head to look at each other perplexed at Babe's behaviour. Babe takes his work seriously thus he never slacked off during practice hours and take in the strategy meeting very intently. For him to not focus today is an oddity.

Alan walks towards Babe's chair before placing a hand on his shoulder while calling his name yet again.

"Babe? Are you okay?"

Babe shifts his eyes towards Alan almost in shocked at the older's close proximity to him that he wasn't able to sense due to him being too into his head.

"Yeah? Yeah I'm fine.", Babe nods his head before noticing all the X-Hunters' eyes are on him.

"So do you agree on letting Dean into the racer team?", Way asked him with a raised brow.

Babe's eyes widen even more. "What?"

"Dean has been practicing on his own and he said he wanted to join the racer team. So I'm thinking of allowing him to compete in the newbie race next week to see his real potential.", Alan explained.

Somehow something doesn't sit right with the idea of accepting Dean into the racer team but he have no reason to say no to P'Alan about it so he just nods his head yet again, agreeing to it.

"Great. Now off to practice everyone. Meeting dismissed.", Alan claps his hands dispersing everyone from the meeting room.

Way hurriedly follows Babe who quickly got up to leave the room, trying to stop him.

"Hey, Babe are you really okay?", he hooks his arm on Babe's shoulder, slowing down the latter from walking.

"Yeah. It's just hot today.", it's half the truth as the weather is very hot today that he feels like taking off his shirt.

"Let's get some lunch first. Our practice is the third session. We have time to spare.", Way said as he pulls Babe towards his car.

"I'll just order in and eat with the rest. I'm too lazy."

Way just nods his head as an okay as he follows him to the resting area where the rest of the team usually gather to eat their lunch together.

Arriving at the area, Babe could see right away that Charlie and Dean are seating on a couch together as they chat about classes.

They're going to the same university and in the same class?

Babe thought as he squints his eyes in annoyance at the sight of them being so close together. His bestfriend on the other hand pulls him towards the empty couch across for them making him sit on it.

"What do you want to eat? I'll order it for you.", Way asked as he moves closer towards Babe, making their arms touched.

Charlie, who's eyes been following Babe since he came into the room could tell that Way is trying to piss him off with the closeness act making him about to get up from his seat to go to his P'Babe but Dean's hand stopped him.