Chapter 14

Babe's POV

Present Day

"Ris, don't provoke me."

"I just don't understand what you want from me."

"If I said I love you would you even understand?"

There comes the silence that convinced me enough that what I believed in was true. I need to know Charlie's reasoning before deciding to address my feelings or to cut him off my life entirely.

I am mad. I am sad. I am pissed that Charlie hide so many things from me but one thing I didn't consider was that I never asked. It's always Charlie asking me if I want this and that. Where I am, what I'm doing but I never did for him.

It's a little unfair.

So when I heard that question came out of Dean's mouth, I secretly wish to God that Charlie didn't share the same feelings.

When all I could hear was the wind and no answer from Charlie, that gave me enough courage to come out from behind the wall.

"Charlie, let's go home.", I said in a loud commanding voice, taking both of them a little off guard.

"Khrab, P'Babe!", of course my puppy would excitedly wag his tail whenever I called him.

Which in return made Dean groan in annoyance as he rolls his eyes.

"Don't be rude, P'Babe. Did you not see we're talking?"

Instead of looking at Dean, I focuses my eyes towards Charlie before asking him with a little pleading laced in my voice.

"It's getting really hot and I just want to go home to take a shower."

"Okay let's go.", Charlie quickly moves towards me with a bright smile, completely ignoring Dean who he was talking to a minute ago.

"Ris. Let's go back to OUR home.", Dean suddenly grabs onto Charlie's hand before he could get far, the emphasied word slowly boils my blood.

"Uhh... Dean I-"

I stomp forward to grab onto Charlie's other free hand while pulling him closer to me, throwing daggers towards Dean with my eyes.

"No he's coming home with me. To MY house."

"That's the thing P'Babe. It's YOUR house so go back to it on your own so Ris can come back to OUR house.", Dean provoked.

"Is it really 'OUR' house if he kept trying to run away every chance he got?"

"He wasn't running away. You kept him there for your own satisfactios and now I can't let you do whatever you please to him anymore because in the end he's mine.", Dean tries to pull Charlie's hand away from mine.

"Are you blind? Or are you delusional? Can't you see that he's clearly in love with me?", I raised my voice a little not realising what I just blurted out.

"Y- you know that I love you?", Charlie looks at me with wide eyes.

Our eyes locked with each other for a moment, basking in each others unspoken feelings before the annoying gnome hugs Charlie's arm possessively.

"He was just confused. He'll get back into his senses soon enough after we go back to OUR home.", Dean added as he squeezes his cheek close to Charlie's shoulder.

I roll my eyes before intertwining my fingers with Charlie's, not backing down from his egg on exasperation.

"Stop treating him as if he's an object that can't think for himself. He's a grown ass man who can make a decision on his own. Just because he owe you something doesn't make you his god.", I may not know the whole story but from the bits and pieces I've gathered, Charlie has been nothing but a puppet.