Chapter Three

Stiles

I woke up, darkness consuming me. It seemed like I had been here before, in this situation. I couldn't see or speak. The room was silent enough to hear a pen drop.

When I tried to move, my body refused the actions. There was something restraining me from going anywhere. I tried to lift my head, but that was strapped down too.

The metal table was cool against my skin. It felt like ice. Either that, or I was extremely cold. I was shivering, my lips probably turning blue.

A hard object struck my face forcefully, the impact causing me to black out for a few seconds. I tried to move again, even though I knew it wasn't going to work.

"Don't fight," a voice said. It belonged to a male, but I didn't recognize it. At least not as a person I knew. I did however remember hearing the voice before, but that memory was vague.

The man was sitting at the edge of the table. I could feel his presence. "Time to see what you know," he told me, suddenly plunging his fingers into my head. The pain was so unbearable it made me go numb. All I could feel was a slight tingling sensation where his fingers were.

"It's almost over," he whispered. This whole thing was becoming very familiar, I just couldn't put a finger on it.

As his fingers traveled deeper into my head, a scream started to build up in my throat, unable to be released.

Finally the tingling sensation stopped all together and bandages were placed over the holes. "This should help with just about everything," I heard him say, seconds later pushing a long needle into my neck.

My vision was returning, the scream I held back before was released, and the numbness was gone.

No matter how many times I tried to speak words, it wouldn't come out. A cloth tied around my mouth prevented that.

Suddenly a faceless man appeared over my body. I knew what was coming next, and I knew there was no point in screaming. I tried to close my eyes, but my body wouldn't allow it.

"Are you ready to die?" the man asked with an evil laugh. He held a knife above my heart, ready to stab me. I shook my head furiously, but he didn't stop. "One. . . Two. . . Th-"

Before he could get to three, a black wolf jumped on top of him, the knife clattering to the floor. A wave of fear washed over me as the man's screams filled the room. What would this wolf do to me?

When the screams fell silent, I began to panic, twisting and turning on the table.

I stopped abruptly when the wolf turned into a naked man. Derek stood over me, his hands gently untying the straps holding me down. He smiled at me, mouth open to say something. "Stiles, I-"