Chapter Ten

Stiles

I didn't want to be away from Derek, even if things were slightly more awkward now. I wanted to feel safe, which was only when I was next to him. I had no idea what was happening or why I was feeling this way about Derek, but I couldn't deny it any longer. I don't know what, but something was there. Something I didn't feel with Malia or Lydia or anyone else. There was something about Derek that made my heart race. 

"Are you hungry?" someone asked as they stepped through the door. "We're serving food right now. We won't have anything else until the morning." It was a young woman, maybe twenty two or twenty three. She looked pretty harmless. 

"No thank you," I mumbled and stared at the ceiling. I wasn't in the mood for anything. I was too busy worrying about Derek. What they could be doing to him. What if they were torturing him? 

"Are you sure? It'll be awhile before the next meal. I-"

"I said I'm fine!" I replied harshly, rolling over on my side. I hadn't left this bed since they shoved me back in here and turned out all of the lights. To tell the truth, this place was seriously depressing and I was starting to contemplate ways of getting out. I knew I was weak compared to these people, but maybe I could find a way without having to fight too much.

"Sorry," she whispered, hastily closing the door behind her as she walked away. 

I wanted to be alone right now. Unless it was Derek. 

"Stiles, we have something for you," a raspy voice said, followed by a loud thump. Someone else groaned in pain. 

I quickly turned over in the bed, hoping to see Derek laying on the floor, but I met the glowing yellow eyes of Will. I was greatly disappointed. "I don't want him in here," I replied coldly, turning away. 

"Too bad," the man said. The door was then slammed shut behind him. 

"Stiles," Will coughed. He sounded weak. Very weak. "Stiles, we have to find a way out. We have to get Derek out before they brainwash him. You'll never get him back if they do." 

I knew I said I wouldn't take his help because he was a traitor, but if what he said was true, then I'd deal with it. I would do anything to save Derek, even though Derek didn't want me to risk my life for him. If he could protect me, then I could at least try to protect him. 

"How?" I whispered, staring at the wall. I didn't want to look at him. It'd only change my mind about letting him help me. "There are cameras in here and those people are everywhere." 

Will coughed again, but this time it sounded a lot worse. He didn't seem like he was in good enough condition to attempt an escape plan. "There are other ways," he replied breathlessly. He wasn't sounding too well, and when I finally decided to look at him, he was a mess. His hair was matted to his forehead with sweat and blood. He looked pale and weak, and there was a bullet wound on his bare stomach. It looked awful. 

"Will, you don't look so good," I said, with very little concern. The only thing I was worried about was being able to get to Derek in time. That's all I needed Will for. "How are you going to manage?"