Chapter Sixteen

A/N: I don't know if you'll like this chapter or not tbh, but I wrote it anyways. There's not a lot of fluff in it, but there's important stuff. Don't get mad though, because this chapter is pretty much Stile's imagination and the drug affecting him and yeah. 

Stiles

My dream started with Derek, his hands around my waist, lips against mine. It started happy, with both of us smiling while we kissed, soft and gentle and the wind blew flowers around us. The sky was a beautiful array of colors as the sun set below the horizon. Everything about it was perfect.

And then the sky turned a dark grey, almost black. Dark clouds were swirling over our heads. The flowers wilted, fell to the ground abruptly when the wind stopped all together. We weren't kissing anymore, weren't even touching. Derek's face was disgust, I could tell, and I didn't realize it was directed towards me until he backed away, shaking his head. I tried to move, run after him when he turned and started to leave, but every part of my body was frozen. I couldn't even scream for him to come back. All I could do was stand there and watch him walk away, leaving my heart broken into a million pieces. Tears welled up in his eyes and began rolling down his cheeks like rivulets

I woke up crying, holding my face in my hands and shaking my head back and fourth. When I finally stopped sobbing like an idiot, I wiped my face and looked around. I was sitting in the car, but no one else was. With everything going on lately, you'd think they wouldn't be so stupid as to leave the suicidal one alone in the car.

"Stiles?" a voice from outside called, and then the door was opened to reveal Charlie. He smiled small and gestured for me to scoot over. When I did, he slid into the seat next to me and shut the door again. "How'd you sleep?" He looked worn out, like he would just fall asleep at any second. He had dark circles under his eyes and his actions were slow, his voice almost a mumble.

I shrugged, stared out the window, begging myself to just ask the obvious question: Where is Derek? I fell asleep next to him, and now he was gone. I'd be worried if my head wasn't spinning.

Instead, I answered, "Terrible." My head kept spinning, black dots spotted my vision. I could hear my heart thumping, feel it beating so hard it was almost like it was going to pop out of my chest. Sharp pains shot through my head and I reached up to grab it, rubbing my temples in agony, doubling over in pain. "Derek," I choked out, looking around. I saw nothing. "Derek, I need Derek!" this was a scream, distorted and muffled, but a scream nonetheless. 

Charlie's distorted voice reached my ears, frantically calling my name. "Stiles! Stiles, calm down! You have to stay calm until they get back! Stiles, stop! You're going to hurt yourself!" His hands were on my shoulders, shoving my back into the seat, holding me firmly in place. I struggled against his hold. It was burning up in here. Sweat was pouring down my face like a faucet. I couldn't breathe. I needed to get out. 

I forced my teeth together until it hurt and pushed the door open, managing somehow to slip out of the werewolf's grasp. I could hear him screaming behind me, but I didn't know how close he was. I turned around, saw him coming, although he was blurry, and then he was reaching for me. I don't know what came over me, or what gave me the strength to do it, but I made a fist and swung at his face. It hit him square in the jaw and then he stumbled back, but didn't fall. He ran towards me again. It was like I couldn't control my actions. I hit him again, harder this time. I tried to force myself to stop, but I couldn't. I threw another punch, this time turning around to run before I saw him hit the ground. I knew he was out though, because he started to fall before I took off.