Chapter Thirty

Derek

"I'm hungry, Derek." 

I rolled my eyes, glancing back at him. "Liam. I told you already. We will stop in an hour, like we originally planned. Shut up." I sighed, turning back to the road. Stiles gave me a look from the passenger's side, narrowing his eyes at me. I shrugged. "What?"

"Why do you have to be such a sourwolf all the time?" Stiles asked, but he was smirking now. I just shook my head, because he knew I hated when he called me that. I hated it the first time he ever said it four years ago and I still hated it now. But I didn't love him four years ago, and now I wasn't going to tell him to stop. "You've been in a bad mood ever since we left Scott behind."

"We didn't leave him behind, Stiles. Don't say it like that, it makes me feel worse about leaving. We just put him into safer hands." I sighed heavily. "Liam, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Derek." Liam smiled. "I understand you're stressed out, but can we please just stop for a few minutes. I have to use the bathroom." He was sitting in the backseat, feet up and his head back against the window. He was riding with us because he couldn't stand sitting in the back with Charlie any longer, and he couldn't stand watching Will's attempts at flirting with Kara. 

"Yeah, sure, whatever," I mumbled, turning into the parking lot of the first gas station I could find. Liam thanked me and immediately jumped out of the jeep. The others all went in too. "Do you have to-"

"You're being a jerk," Stiles interrupted, turning around in his seat to face me. "I know you feel bad about Scott. I feel bad too. But Liam didn't do anything, so go easy on him, okay?" He had this look on his face that I didn't know how to respond to. What was he doing to me? I never would've listened to him about this before. If Stiles would've told me to stop being a jerk two months ago, I would've laughed in his face, even though I liked him. Now I couldn't tell him no. 

"You're right. I'm really sorry. I'll be nicer." I closed my eyes and sighed, running a hand through my hair. "This is all just really stressful."

"I know what you need," Stiles said confidently. I turned to face him, raising an eyebrow in question. I was about to ask him what he meant, but then he was crawling over to sit in my lap and his lips were inches from mine. 

"Oh," I breathed, resting my hands on the small of his back. Stiles smirked, connecting our lips for a kiss. He moved slowly, wrapping his arms around my neck, slipping his tongue past my lips. He deepened the kiss, leaning forward more to bring us closer. He was on his knees, straddling my lap, so I had to tilt my head back to kiss him. His fingers tangled in my hair, pulling affectionately. I found my hands slipping past the fabric of his shirt, running them up and down his back, moving them around to his chest and doing the same. Stiles hummed happily into our kiss. I could feel the curve of his smile against my lips as his hands rested back on my neck. He gently bit my bottom lip, then pecked them softly before pulling away. He looked out the window. 

"Kara saw us," Stiles groaned, pushing himself out of my lap and back into his seat. "She's not going to let this go. She's going to make fun of us forever." Stiles' face was bright red as he hid his smile behind his hands.