Chapter Thirty-two

A/N: Here you go, have another update. Merry Christmas! (: 

Stiles

We didn't run into anyone as we moved at a hurried pace towards where Scott was being held. All of the bodies were unconscious, possibly dead. No one talked, so the hall was filled with echoing sounds of shoes slapping against the concrete floors. My arm still ached, and that pain was making my head hurt, so even if I would be able to fight, I couldn't. The fact that we were running didn't help either, because my vision was getting a little blurry.

"Stiles, how're you holding up?" Liam asked quietly, reduced his pace enough to fall into step with me. Liam drew his eyebrows together in a way that reminded me of how Scott used to look at me when I'd get hurt. He was worried about me. "Does it hurt a lot?" I nodded, unable to speak because I was gritting my teeth so hard. "Give me your hand," Liam instructed, slowing to a full walk. James looked a little irritated, but didn't say anything. He understood I wasn't as strong as the two of them, but he also wanted to get out of here as quick as possible. 

I extend my hand to Liam, who took it in his own and squeezed lightly. The pain in my arm slowly drained until it was nearly gone. Although Liam looked a little tired now, he was stronger than I was, so I didn't feel too guilty about letting him take the pain.

"We have to keep moving," James said quietly. Liam and I both nodded, picking the pace back up to a jog as James led the way. There were a lot of bodies still that we had to avoid stepping on. Obviously Liam and James had cleared out these hallways, but if they found Scott, why hadn't they rescued him already? I know I said I wanted to be the one to find him, or at least be there when he was found, but I really wouldn't care as long as he was safe. 

"Stop," James commanded, holding out his arm to push Liam and I back behind him. "That's where they're keeping Scott, and I think the girl is in there as well. But there are two guards, both look very strong." And that was clearly the reason they hadn't rescued Scott, because those men looked scary as hell and bigger than either of them.

"Both aren't human," Liam added, crinkling his nose. "Definitely supernatural. Which means they can most likely hear us, or sense that we're here, so we better start fighting. And I mean now," he said as the guards glanced at us where we were making a lame attempt at hiding behind the wall, and then they smirked. "Yeah, this should be fun," Liam mumbled sarcastically, stepping out into the small area to face the men. James sighed and stepped out beside him, hand on his hip to draw what I assumed was his gun. 

I followed after them because I didn't want to seem helpless, but they both knew I was. I wouldn't be able to help. I didn't even look intimidating, like Liam and James. Liam was a werewolf, which was pretty intense I guess, and James was a huge guy with huge muscles, and that was scary looking. I was just skinny and small and no where near as frightening. 

"Adara has been expecting you," the man to the left stated in a low voice that sounded more like a growl. He was inches taller than the second man, but a little smaller. He tilted his chin up, eyes narrowed as he looked us over, eyes lingering on me for a few seconds longer. "You, the skinny human boy. Where's your boyfriend? He's the one Adara wants most."

"Guess you're out of luck then," I retorted with a sarcastic shrug. Liam shot me a warning glance, but I pretended not to notice. "So, can we just get our friends? I promise it won't take long."