Chapter Thirty-seven (THE END)

Prepare for lots of tears. :) I'm a monster, I know. 

Derek

"Derek," Elise greeted, followed by the slightest of head nods. "How have you been?" 

I didn't want to be here. I didn't feel like talking to her, because I knew she wanted something from me. I just wanted to go home, to Beacon Hills where I could just be with Stiles. I didn't want to waste any time doing a favor for her. "I'm fine," I managed to get out, despite the urge to just leave and join Stiles upstairs for a long night's sleep. Maybe tomorrow I'd be more willing to talk, but right now I wanted sleep. "What do you want?"

"Your help," Elise replied simply, her smile stretching further. She had this look on her face like she wasn't about to ask me to do something I wouldn't want to do, but I knew she would. She wanted my help and I didn't want to give it to her. "I told you before that we would assist you in getting rid of the other group of people trying to kill you, and in return, you would give us your help for whatever it was we asked. Now we want your help."

"What exactly do you want my help with?" I replied, a little annoyed because she was dragging this out longer than it needed to be. What I did need, was to be upstairs with Stiles, going to sleep because I had to get him home tomorrow. "I've had a long day, Elise. I just want some rest."

Elise nodded as if she understood, but she didn't. Not really. She didn't just fight supernatural creatures with the power to kill her, or get locked in a room with the unbearable idea that the guy she loved was possibly going to die. She didn't get that. "I'm sorry, Derek. You've had a hard time these past few weeks, and we're not going to make it any easier, but I'm afraid we have to do this. We have to have you on our side, with us. We need you because the war has just only begun. Adara was the first step, and very much the easiest. If you thought she was bad, then whatever comes next is worse."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, shoulders tensing a little at her words. If she was right, if this wasn't over, then my hopes of going home and being with Stiles weren't even possible anymore. I didn't want to think about a life without him, but I couldn't put him in danger. I loved him too much to risk his life anymore than I already had. 

"I'm talking about the war between us humans and the supernatural. Some of them have decided that humans aren't fit to live in the world anymore. They've decided to take over, kill as many problems as they can until the entire human race is dead. The supernaturals are of all sorts, and Adara was only part of them. They divide themselves up into groups, and with every group comes more and more danger. We need you, Derek. We've been building our human army with the best we can find, but we need more supernatural like you. We need werewolves, hellhounds, kanimas, kitsunes, wendigos, whatever we can get that are willing to help. We need you to fight, and we need you to help us recruit others." Elise looked completely serious, and set on this, because she wasn't even blinking as I stood there staring at here. "Are you in, or do I have to threaten the life of a certain defenseless human? Because if you don't help, Stiles' life will be in danger no matter what. The supernaturals who want the human race dead could kill him, or we could take him hostage until you agree to help."

"I can't just leave him behind," I said quietly, because I was starting to feel sick. The thought of ditching Stiles, leaving him alone to fend for himself was unbearable. But he wouldn't be alone. He would have Scott, Liam, Kara, and all of his friends. They would protect him if I couldn't be there.