Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: so sorry if this is a little weird/confusing because half of this chapter will be Kara's point of view and half will be Derek's point of view

Kara

"HEY! STOP!" a man yelled from the other end of the hallway, pulling something out of his pocket. It was probably his cell phone so he could call Marcus. "Don't move!" he said as he ran towards me. I ran anyways, in the opposite direction. The plan was to let them catch me, but I had to put up a fight. The real Stiles would've put up a fight. 

"Get away from me, asshat!" I screamed over my shoulder, spitting in his direction. He was closer than I thought because he made a noise of disgust and cursed at me. I only laughed and kept running. I guess it was my fault that I ran straight into Marcus himself because I was looking back at the other idiot who was chasing me. 

Marcus got a good grip on my upper arms, glaring down at me. "You are a very stupid boy, Stiles. You shouldn't have returned."

"Derek wanted to run in here and kidnap you, I couldn't let him do that. I had no choice," I replied convincingly, a scowl on my face. The scowl wasn't acting. I really hated marcus. Sure he was hot and all, but he was a dick. "So uh, you wanna help a guy out and make me, I don't know, not crazy?"

Marcus laughed, shaking his head. "Oh, Stiles. You're hilarious, but I think I'll pass. Come on, this way," he replied, grabbing a hold of my wrist. He led me through empty hallways, which was odd. This place was always busy when I pretended to work for him. The halls were never this quiet. Hell, the building was never this quiet. It freaked me out a little to be honest. I wasn't sure what was going on. 

"It's quiet," I commented cautiously, not wanting him to catch on to who I really was. He didn't seem to be suspicious. I twisted my wrist in his grip, making it seem like I wanted to break free. Marcus only tightened his fingers around my skin. 

Marcus hummed quietly, nodding his head. "It is," he replied simply. A few seconds later, he turned his head to look at me, stopping in the middle of the hallway. "Usually I would refrain from telling you this, but you're not getting out this time, so there's no way you could use this information against me. Most of my coven has been wounded by your little friends, and some of them decided I wasn't fit to lead them. Our numbers have dropped drastically, but we still have enough to keep you under watch for the time being. Until you tell us about Lydia and we let you go. It's as simple as that. We don't want to kill you, Stiles"

"Wow," I breathed, because I didn't know what else to say, or what Stiles would actually say. I nervously shifted on my feet, uncomfortable under Marcus' gaze. "So where will I be staying this time?" I asked awkwardly, trying to smile sarcastically. 

Marcus cleared his throat, turning back around to continue walking. "You'll be staying in room 37," he replied. I nodded and was about to say something about it being the room Derek had been held in, but I caught myself. If Stiles got his memories back, he wouldn't have remembered that detail. I kept my mouth shut and kept walking behind Marcus. "But just remember. The sooner you tell us about Lydia Martin, the sooner you'll be set free. And if your little boyfriend tries to save you, we'll catch him too. Maybe we'll make him lose his memory this time, see how you like that."