Chapter Twenty-Five

Derek

"Did you find it?" I asked as soon as Kara came running back into my room, although it was a stupid question because she was clutching a piece of paper in her hand. If it wasn't the spell, what else could it be?

"Right here," she replied as she held up the paper, a smirk on her face. "Told you I would find it. But bad news, Marcus and his guys are after me, so we gotta do this quick." I nodded and waited for Kara to do whatever it was she had to do. She turned away from me, facing towards the door. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply before starting her spell, looking down at the paper every few seconds. I could hear people running towards us, but Kara didn't stop. Even when they appeared in the doorway, right as she was finishing. "Let's get out of here!" she screamed through the voices, hand extended towards me. I took it and let her weave me through the others. I threw as many of them as I could to the side when they tried to grab us until we were out in the hallway, and then we started to run.

We actually made it outside, which surprised me. I didn't know where to go, but Kara apparently did. She had a tight grip on my wrist as she ran. "Charlie said his brother might have left a car ten blocks this way," she told me after a few minutes of running. At the moment, I was thankful for Will, otherwise we'd be walking for a really long time, which wouldn't bother me. Stiles on the other hand, well his human legs would probably get tired and then I'd have to drag him.

"Okay," I responded quickly, trying to stay at Kara's pace. I didn't want to speed up because I didn't want her to fall behind and get taken. We ran a while longer before Will's car came into view, so we slowed to a walk.

"What the hell? Is that a-"

"Kid?" I finished as we approached the car. I raised an eyebrow as the kid turned his head to look at us, his eyes going wide. He looked just as confused as we were, but also scared. I slowly took steps forward until I reached the window and carefully knocked. "Uh, hello?"

He rolled the window down a crack and sat up on his knees to look through it. "Stiles told me to not open this door for anyone unless it was him, Charlie, or someone named Derek. Are you Derek?"

I awkwardly looked back at Kara before returning my attention to the boy. "Uh, yeah. I'm Derek. Who are you?" He didn't look familiar at all, but he definitely didn't look dangerous. 

He stuck his small hand through the crack and smiled. "The name's Scott. I'm eight years old," he shared confidently. He blinked his brown eyes a couple times before shaking his head and giggling. "Oops, forgot to open the door," he mumbled and unlocked the door. He pushed it open and then just stared at us, lips pressed together, swinging his feet, and blinking those huge eyes. "What should we do now?"

"Where's Stiles, first off, and how did you get here?"

Scott grinned. "Is Stiles your boyfriend?" He gave me that look all kids did when they thought they knew something. To be honest, I didn't know how to answer that to a kid his age, but I knew if I wanted answers I'd have to deal with the endless amounts of questions. 

"Sure, whatever, just tell me where he is," I replied impatiently, ignoring Kara's amused snort as she crossed her arms.