Chapter Twelve

Stiles

I stood in the middle of a forest, darkness consuming me. I felt like someone was watching me, but I wasn't scared. I was half naked, but I felt safe. I took a few steps and listened to the leaves and twigs crunching under my bare feet. I stopped again, looking around me, but the darkness prevented it. A few more steps. I stopped again, taking a deep breath. The cool air was refreshing. I started my walk again, but before I could get too far, I bumped into something, probably a person. I felt my heart race a little faster and my body move a little slower. I was pretty much frozen. 

"I've been looking for you," his deep voice said smoothly. He wrapped his strong arms around my naked torso and dipped his head down towards my face. "There's something I want to do."

"Derek," I breathed, my eyes fluttering shut as his hands traveled across my back. "What are you doing here? What am I doing here?"

Derek didn't say anything. He just kissed me. His lips moved in sync with mine as we stood there, his hands around my waist and mine around his neck. It lasted all of ten seconds. He didn't move away though. "You're here because you were looking for me too," Derek whispered. "Now you found me, so what are you going to do?"

I blinked a couple of times in attempt to clear my head. "I don't know," I admitted. "I just wanted to see you." I lightly traced the tattoo on his back. "What should we do?"

Derek abruptly picked me up off the ground and began walking. "Wake up," someone mumbled, but it wasn't Derek. His lips weren't moving. I looked around, but it was still dark. "Stiles!"

My eyes fluttered open in confusion, staring up at the doctor. Then I looked over and suddenly became aware of how close Derek was. It made me a little nervous actually. With every dream about him, every day I spend with him. . . It just gets harder to resist these feelings.

"Stiles, it's time for your medicine," the doctor stated, shoving a paper cup into my hands. He was whispering, probably so he didn't wake Derek, who was snoring softly beside me with his arm securing me tightly to his body.

"Okay," I muttered and swallowed the pills. "When do I get out of here?"

The doctor smiled and said, "You can get out of here whenever you start feeling better."

I nodded and watched him leave the room, closing the door behind him. Derek instantly opened his eyes, as if he wasn't actually asleep when the doctor was in here. "Hey," he said casually, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "How'd you sleep?"

I nervously stared at the wall and bit my lip. "Uh- It was alright."

Derek raised an eyebrow and nudged my arm so I would look at him. "Don't start this whole awkward thing, Stiles. You can tell me what you dreamed about." He half smiled and squeezed my shoulder reassuringly. "I promise I won't judge you."

I nodded. "I dreamed about you," I stated the obvious. He already knew that, but I didn't want to tell him what happened in my dream. I didn't want to admit I loved it.

"Stiles," Derek prodded, nudging my arm again. "What happened?"

I shrugged and looked at my fingers. "You kissed me."

I glanced over at him to see his reaction, but he wore a blank expression. "Oh."

I hid my face and groaned quietly, looking away from him. "You're judging me!" I yelled accusingly. I knew he'd be awkward if I told him, but I took that risk anyways. "It was just a dream, Derek. It didn't mean anything." Except it did mean something. It meant I was thinking about Derek in ways I used to think about Malia. Maybe even different, more intense ways that I shouldn't ever think about when it concerned him.