The Recital to End All Recitals

Christina POV

Christina POV.

I woke up and did my morning routine, then I went downstairs, Mommy gave me my vitamins before handing me a plate of waffles.When Chloe and I got home from school, when got our dance bags and got in the car, mom drove us to the studio. We got out of the car, we got our dance bags and went into the studio into the dance den where we got ready.

"Come on, girls. Let's go, let's go, let's go! Starbound Nationals champion, congratulations!" Ms. Abby called.

The girls and I walked into Studio A and stood in a straight line in front of Ms. Abby with our moms standing in a straight line on the side.

"Give them a round of applause." Ms. Abby says.

Our moms clapped for us.

"Overall high score small group, beating Cathy. I am very proud. We also had a perfect score for a last minute solo." Ms. Abby says, smiling at me.

I smiled back as Chloe side hugged me.

"Now, let me get to the pyramid. I'm gonna start at the bottom. Paige." Ms. Abby ripped off the paper revealing Paige's headshot picture.

"You're injured. You're there because you didn't dance. There's nothing really to judge you on. Next...Maddie." Ms. Abby ripped off the paper revealing Maddie's headshot picture.

"I asked you to do a solo, you said no. People don't tell me no. That was an opportunity that you missed." Ms. Abby said.

"Next...Chloe." Ms. Abby ripped off the paper revealing Chloe's headshot picture.

"We wanted a clean sweep...Third place. The next time we come up against that kid, I want you to make mincemeat out of him. Do you understand that?" Ms. Abby asked.

Chloe nodded.

"Don't worry I beat him for you." I whispered in Chloe's ear causing her to smile at me, making me smile back.

"Next, Brooke." Ms. Abby ripped off the paper revealing Brooke's headshot picture.

"Brooke, we didn't get the bonnets till last minute. Your job was to get that bonnet, put it on Christina's head, and tie it. That was a crucial part of the routine. And you did it." Ms. Abby says.

Brooke smiles.

"And then...Mackenzie." Ms. Abby ripped off the paper revealing Mackenzie's headshot picture.

"Not only did you beat a boy, you beat two boys." Ms. Abby says, making Mackenzie smile.

"The first person on top of the pyramid is...Christina." Ms. Abby ripped off the paper revealing my headshot picture.

"She got her solo last minute, went on stage and nailed it and got a perfect score. So, congratulations!" Ms. Abby says.

The girls and our moms clapped for me as I smiled.