Overlord meeting 2

Zestial, soon takes a seat by her as he summons a cup of tea as, she took notice

Carmilla Carmine: Zestial, so good to see you, my friend.

Zestial: Enchanted as always, Carmilla.

Carmilla Carmine: (notices Alastor and y/n) Alastor and...y/n?

Y/n: oh, boy-(pulls the hat over his head)

Carmilla, was about to say something else until, alastor piped in.

Alastor: Yes, I know I've been absent some time. I'm sure you've all been wondering!

Carmilla Carmine: ...Not really. But welcome back in any case.

Alastor narrows his eyes and looks offended in Carmilla's general direction. She then looks back to, y/n as he was getting the other overlords attention, making him uncomfortable.

Carmilla: I haven't seen you a year ago, where have you been?

Y/n: I'd...id rather not go into detail.

Carmilla: weren't you suppose to be-

Y/n: oi-oi-oi! DON'T even say t'name of it, please.

Carmilla: (sigh)...alright.

Y/n: (sighs in relief)

Carmilla Carmine: This year's Extermination was brutal, far more even than years past. We have assessed that about 16% of the population was lost (slide is projected onto the wall behind her) With the angelic legions now returning twice as quickly, I think it prudent we-

Carmilla is interrupted as Velvette opens the door and walks in, on the phone. The sheep demon widens his eyes as he said quietly.

Y/n: shite, not 'er...!

He then starts sliding underneath the table, to avoid her gaze.

Velvette: Yes, I've got it handled, Vox. Are you doubting me? Really? Me? That's what I thought. (laughs) Yes, I know. They're all a joke. (laughs) Thank you, V. See you soon. Kisses, darling.(hangs up and sits down at the opposite end to Carmilla)

Carmilla Carmine: Nice of you to join us, Velvette. Will your... colleagues be joining?

Velvette: No, they have better shit to do than to listen to an old windbag who thinks she's tough shit. I'm here to represent.

Carmilla Carmine:...Charming. So, as I was saying, we need to discuss-

Carmilla stops talking as Velvette waves her hand in the air. Catching her attention.

Carmilla Carmine: Yes?

Velvette: On the subject of discussion...

Velvette takes out the head of an Exorcist and throws it onto the table. The other overlords look at it and mutter to each other. Y/n, heard this and slowly pops his head back up and saw the head as he mouthed, trying not to shout it out.

Y/n: (mouths it) "WHAT THE FACK?!"

Zeezi: Holy shit!

Alastor: Oh! Tasty...

Carmilla Carmine: (narrows eyes) Where did you get this?

Velvette: We found it during Extermination day. If these Holy Rollers can be killed, the game has changed. (stands on top of table) We can take the fight to them. The boys and I have come up with a full assault plan--

Velvette stops talking and she and the other overlords look at Zestial, who is sipping his tea loudly and aggressively to drown out Velvette.

Zestial: If it be true thee and thy colleagues desire to war with such meagre proof, thou art far more... foolish than I be thought.

Velvette: (scoffs) Meagre proof? It's a dead fucking Exorcist. I'd say that's pretty fucking definitive. You going blind, old man?

Zestial: We know not how this perished. Mayhaps t'was not by a demon's hand at all. If we rush to war without knowing mightn't, they purge all of Hell for daring an uprising?

The other overlords mutter in agreement. Velvette notices Carmilla's expression and smiles.

Velvette: Oh, I get it. So Grandpa is too pussy to fight, so I guess there's no point, right? (gets up in Zestial's face) Oh, what's the matter, Fossil? Too senile to make a real power grab for-

Right before she could continue, Carmilla starts to get into her face, expressing outrage while singing, Respectless.

Both Carmine and Velvette glare at each other. The other overlords are all staring at Carmilla and Velvette. Alastor finally decides to break the silence.

Alastor: That was a productive meeting!

Velvette: Hm. Fine. Safe travels back to the nursing home, fuckers! (walks out the door) Kiss my arse!

Zeezi: (scoffs) What the hell? We literally just got here!

Odette: Mother?

Alastor, soon turns over to, y/n as he gets out from the table as he asks.

Y/n: is she gone?

Carmilla: yes. however, aren't you close with her-?

Y/n: that was a long time ago!

Carmilla, slightly stunned at his words until
The overlords all begin to get up and leave. All of them walk back towards the lift except for Carmilla Carmine, Odette, Clara and Zestial, who walk towards another room. Alastor notices this as he is walking towards the lifts.

Alastor: Hmm. Well that's interesting. (To y/n) my dear boy! Let's keep this a secret, shall we?

Y/n: sure.

Alastor: lovely. (Turns to frank, pointing his cane at him) You, little egg creature. I have a job for you.

Frank: Oh. Yes, boss!

Alastor: Follow them!

Frank salutes and runs after the overlords who went into another room. Y/n and alastor then went inside the lift and both of them left once they reached the bottom. Alastor, was grinning more than ever, now knowing that y/n was once an overlord.

Alastor: my dear boy! Why, you never told me you were an overlord such as yourself!

Y/n: it was a long time ago...

Alastor: how long?

Y/n: Al...I'm done talking, I don't want to go deeper into it. and now this is a perfect opportunity for me to get back to the hotel and do the said exercise that Charlie has planned for us.

Suddenly, his phone dings as he pulls it out of his pocket to see a text from Charlie as it says.

Text: "hey, angel is taking us somewhere for our trust exercises."

He then replied back with a "where is it at?" And, the princess said "he didn't say, he just wants us to follow him." Y/n replied ok on it as he soon starts walking away.

Y/n: see thi later, alastor!

Alastor: see you soon my dear fellow.

Y/n, soon left the carmine district as he listened to some music on his phone with both of his ear plugs in them. Not knowing what to expect next...

End of chapter

Words: 1075