Chapter 1

Pamela's P.O.V.

I think my fate doesn't want me to be happy.

I am working six in the morning to seven in the afternoon. It's tiring, but I will never have a choice because I'm poor. If I don't work, I will starve to death.

After working, I will have to clean the house. A house that I don't own. I'm not a robot, but they're treating me as one. I kept on ignoring all of this, but there were times that I couldn't. I just can't.

"Pamela! Why is there no food yet?!" Shouted by the brat of this house, Lily. I forgot to cook dinner. I've been feeling sick since the morning, and the moment I got home from my work, I dozed off.

"Why don't you do it yourself then?!" I also said without thinking. After a silent while, I woke up abruptly because someone had pulled my hair.

"Ah!"

"What did you say!?" That's when I really got into myself. I made a wrong move again. Her pulling may hair made me so dizzy.

"I'm sorry!" I immediately said. "I'm just so sick, I was not able to ready your food." I reasoned out. It's actually not my obligation to serve you.

"You always test my patience!" She shouted against my face. "Go, cook dinner!" She said after letting go of my hair.

I have no choice but to move, and as she says.

I shouldn't do this. I know I shouldn't do this. They're saying that this will serve as my payment to them, taking me and may mother in.

But I believe that I'm already paid years ago already.

After they took us in, my mother acted as their helper, and they took advantage of it. My mother cleaned, cooked, and helped them as our payment.

But despite my mother's consideration, they abused her kindness. There are times that I can see my mother with bruises. She doesn't want to tell me the reason behind that. They were hurting her, and my mother was enduring all of that so we could have a roof to stay in.

It came to the point where my mother wasn't able to take all the exhaustion, and she died. She had a heart problem, and that was the reason why she died.

This family paid for everything for my mother's funeral. As they should. But then little did I know that I would be the one to suffer next. They made me my mothers replacement. Saying that it's for all the things they paid for my mother's funeral, but it's all their fault! Why do I have to be in this situation? I know I don't deserve this.

My mother just wants the best for me. She endured all of that for me. She died, and I know that I shouldn't blame myself for that. It their fault.

I woke up from my reverie when Lily slammed the door after she left. I washed the dishes she used 'cause no one's gonna do that aside from me.

I don't have to worry about Lily's brother. There's prepared food already. I just hope he won't bother me.

After washing the dishes, I went to my room to rest so I could have the strength to work tomorrow.