Chapter 10

Pamela's P.O.V

We hust rode a tricycle on the way to the house where Manay works. She's now telling the things that I should expect when we arrive.

That I will be the cook of the house. She told me that I don't need to think of what dish should cook since there's a specific dish to cook. And It's for the whole week.

There's also different helpers assigned in each task in the house. I'm the cook, while there are people assigned for laundry, cleaning the house, and cleaning and watering the garden. And Manay is the mayordoma of the house.

Everything happened so fast. I still wonder why I seem to trust Manay so fast. Why do I feel so soft around her?

Maybe because I never had anyone who's trustworthy? I mean, I lived my life feeling so alone, and this feeling is kinda new to me. It's the first time that someone has shown their care for me. Before Manay, no one really cares about me.

"We are here," I woke up from my thoughts when Manay talked. We've arrived.

I can't see the house behind the gate, but I can already call it elegant. I mean, the gate says it all.

Manay pressed the doorbell. We waited for a while before it opened. A woman wearing a maid uniform welcomed us.

"Manay! You're here!" She looked so...relieved? "Sir Raphael's in the bad mood! We don't want to approach him. We're afraid he'll shout at us!"

She's so loud. Wait...what? Raphael?

I think I've heard that name already. Where did I hear that again?

"Pamela, come here." Manay called for me, so I went to her. "Jilin, this is Pamela, the new cook of this house. Pamela, this is Jilin, one of the house cleaners." She introduced us to each other.

"Oh, you've found a new cook already?" She asked Manay with wide eyes. "Ah, Hi! Nice to meet you! You have a cute dog!" She cheekily said.

Ah! I almost forgot Madi. She's sleeping in my arms. I'm actually having a hard time. She's very heavy. She's really getting bigger now.

"Don't you feel tired? Holding her?"

"No, not at all. She's a baby. My baby." I said with a sweet smile.

"Let's go in now." I heard Manay's soothing voice.

We proceeded after that. We trailed the way to the house. They were talking about something I don't know. Like, have the Raphael eaten? What happened that made the Rapfael mad?

"Vivien visited. We don't know what happened because they talked inside the library. After Viviev left when they finished talking, that when Sir Raphael's mood started to go mad." Jilin explained.

"Who let Vivien in?" Manay asked, "You all know what she did. You shouldn't have let her in!" No, Manay sounded mad.

They finished talking when we arrived inside the house. I couldn't help myself. I feel like my jaw fell out of amazement.

The house... it's so elegant. Like what I thought. I'm going to stay here? I can't believe this.

But my amazement has been cut off when someone cleared their throat. When I looked at who it was, my eyes widened.

It was Raphael! From the grocery store! The rich looking guy...

I was even more shocked when Madi wriggled from my hold and went to that Raphael. She twirled around him. I even panicked when Madi put her two front paws on that Raphael's waist, and he... he rubbed Madi's head.

Madi seems to like it so much.