Chapter 14

Pamela's P.O.V

He confessed to me after I accidentally did.

I'm feeling so out of my mind. It's been a week since that happened. And now he's going home. I still don't want to see him. But I don't have a choice but to see him.

Maybe I'll just ignore him. He is just probably joking. He just wants a trill to his life. A man like him is so impossible to like me. I don't want to be vulnerable around him.

"Are you done cooking, Pamela?" I heard Jilin talk.

"Yes!" I shouted, "Are you going to get it now?" I asked.

"No, not yet." She's now beside me. "We still need to wait for ten minutes before readying it." She stated.

I just nodded at her and opened the lids of the food to let it cool for a while. When I glanced at Jilin, I saw her observing me, she has this playful look.

"What?" I asked her with a puzzeled look.

"You're hiding something..." She poked my waist, which made me distance myself from her.

"What are you talking about?" What's with her?

"I heard you and sir Raphael talking." That's when I looked at her. I widened my eyes at her. "He likes you? Right? I heard i--" Before she could even finish, I already covered her mouth.

"Shh!" I said while looking around, "You're so loud! Somebody might hear you!" I warned her.

"Why? What's so wrong about that? You suit each other! You're beautiful, and he's handsome, I'm sure you'll make a perfect couple!" She determinedly said.

"He's just bored!" I muttered, "He doesn't mean it!" I added.

"I do," we both looked at the kitchen's entrance when someone talked. We were both shocked when we saw who it was.

It's Raphael.

Before I could even get a hold of Jilin, she had already left me with this man. This beautiful man.

I just closed my eyes because of irritation. I took a couple of deep breaths before I turned around to look at him.

"Uhm... what are you doing here, sir? You should be in the dining. The food will be there in a minute." I looked for a way to get out of this situation.

"I'm not bored." He said to get my attention. "And I mean everything I said back then." I looked at him this time.

"You might just be confused. Someone like you can't like me..." I stared at him using my sleepy eyes, trying to make him understand my point.

"I'm not confused, Pamela." He caressed my cheek, "I've been feeling this since the day I saw you at the grocery store. What? Is this still just a confusion?" He's softly talking to me, I can't help but stay at his face.

"I...I don't know what to say." I also held his hand on my cheeks.

"You don't have to say anything, just... let me do things for us." He seems so happy while saying that.

"Is that possible? That I'm not going to do anything?" I can't let that. I can't seem to ignore these feelings of mine.

"Yes, it is. If you just let me, I'll show it to you."
He said with a big smile. Is this man really called snob? Did I call him snob? He doesn't look like one right now.

"Okay... it's up to you," I looked away.

"Thank you, love." I glanced at him again because of what he called me.

Love?! Why do I feel my stomach churning?!

"Yes. Love..." He seems to notice my reaction because he repeated it. I didn't hear it wrong.

He then reached for my hands and hugged me. I was calculating what I should do. I'm really afraid of what might happen, but... I'll just let the destiny deal with it.

I returned his hug. We stayed like that for minutes, and when I glanced at the entrance of the kitchen, I instantly got out of his hug. I saw Manay, Jilin, and the other two helpers looking at us with a teasing smile.

Hoo... another embarrassing moment.