Chapter 9

Pamela's P.O.V

Right after that refreshing moment, I walked while thinking about how to get a temporary roof to live in.

I didn't notice that upon walking down the road, I bumped to someone. When I l turned at who it was. I saw the elderly woman.

She came out of the orphanage. She visited again.

"Hi, Mrs." I greeted her.

"Something bad happened?" She asked.

"I got kicked out. I... I don't have a place to go to right now." I looked at her with my pooled eyes.

I don't know, but I just became emotional when I saw her. I suddenly feel so pitiful. I'm shocked when she went to me to wipe the tears that fell from my eyes.

"It's okay, hija." She sounds so soothing. "Hmm, do you know how to cook?" She suddenly asked that.

"I've been doing that for years now." Despite being puzzled, I still answered her. "Why do you ask?"

"I'm a nanny, and my employer needs a new cook because the former one disappeared without any word." She explains.

"It's a work!?" My eyes twinkled.

"Ah, Hahaha! Yes, of course!" She said, laughing at my statement.

"I'm in! As long as it's not illegal and not bad. A can definitely cook, and if given a chance, I can even clean!" I freshly said.

"We just need a cook. There is no need to tire yourself."

I suddenly remembered something. Madi! How about her?

"Ah... Mrs." I called her,

"Just call me Manay."

"Manay! Ah... Manay, I have a dog and I can't leave her." I said with an upside down smile.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about it. There's a cage in the house, it's empty. They got rid of the dogs. You can put your dog there."

"Oh, okay, Manay."

"Just wait for me here, okay? I'll just get my things, and we'll go to the house so I can introduce you to my employer." She hurriedly said.

"Yes, Manay!" I said with a big happy smile.

She then went inside the orphanage to get her things as what she said. I can't believe that my fate is slowly being aligned with my wants.

I didn't expect my prayers to be answered right away. I'm so happy! Now, all I have to do is to be a good cook, and I will have my peaceful life.

Manay is a heaven sent.