Chapter 3

Pamela's P.O.V

Weeks have passed. The routines are still the same, I'm bringing the puppy with me at work. She's being a good girl. She's just gonna wait for my breaktime and we are going to eat together, after that she'll be a good girl again and will wait for the end of my work.

But up until now, she still doesn't have a name. I'm now thinking of possible names that suit her. I want it to be something snob, but at the same time, cute, 'cause she's like that.

She only listens to me. Whenever my workmates try to play with her, she'll suddenly have no social battery. But when I'm the one initiating the play, she's always energetic.

"What if I name you Madi?" I said while tapping the puppy. She is a bit bigger now, "Would you like that?" I asked her.

I was looking at her eyes, and I could sy that she did like the name because right after I said that, her eyes brightened up, and she wagged her tail.

She even stood up and did a twirl.

"Hmm... you like it, don't you?" And she made a happy sound. "Yeah, you indeed like it." I said with a chuckle.

I really like this dog. She's so precious, cute, behaved, cuddly, and clingy. She's getting clingy when we are alone, though.

I suddenly thought, what if the original owner of this dog suddenly appears? I can't help but overthink. But the dog's comfortable with me now. And there's no call from Sister, so I think I don't have anything to worry about?

I want to keep her for as long as I can. At this point, she's the only one I have. She is my happy pill, and I don't want my happiness gone.

"Time for dinner now, I need to cook." I glanced at dog, "Don't make a noise, ok? I'm just gonna prepare our dinner." I told her. She did nothing and is just looking directly at my eyes.

I got off the bed and went to the kitchen. I started cooking adobo, the easiest dish I can cook. The rice's already cooked, so I just wait for its final boil.

And when everythings ready, I went back to my small room, bringing Madi and my food. I prefer to eat here even before Madi is here. it's because as much as possible, I don't want cross paths with the two other people in this house.

After eating, I collected the dishes and went to the kitchen to wash the used dishes.

And I wish I just did that later.

"Woah, what a beautiful lady in the middle of the night!" Said by the pervert of this house, Lyndon, Lily's older brother.

He's always like this. Always giving me that offending look. The reason why I wanted to be away from them.

Lily loves to hurt me, and Lyndon always does perverted things around me. There are times that I was washing the dishes, and he would suddenly position his body right behind me while uncomfortably rubbing his hands on my arms.

Whenever that happens, I'll always distance myself away from him and would threaten him things just so he would leave me alone.

And I know that this night is not an exemption.

I took a grip on the fork in the dishes that I was holding. When he was about to touch me, I pointed the fork to his face.

"Don't come near me!" I blurted out. He just smirked at me.

"What? I'm not doing anything yet..." He said while taking a step. And when he's about to take another step, a door opens.

It was Lily. I somehow thank her. For some reason, Lyndon's not doing anything when Lily's around.

"What's happening here?" Lily asked while looking at Lyndon, and when she looked at me and asked,"Why are you pointing your fork at Lyndon? Have you gone crazy?" She even laughed at me.

"Nah, I'm just teasing her." Lyndon said and looked at me, "Right?" He asked.

I glared at him and put the dishes in the sink. I'm just gonna wash it tomorrow.

I went to my room and saw Madi waiting for me.

"Let's sleep, Madi." She lied down with me. One of these days, I will be able to leave this house.

Please let me leave this house.