Chapter 7

Pamela's P.O.V

That event brought trauma to me. It made me want to leave that house even though I don't have the means to do so. I don't want to step a foot in that house.

I know I can't, but I'll just have to endure it just a little bit more. Madi seems to know what I feel. She's been cuddling me and pushing herself to me like she wants to make me feel better.

It works in a magical way.

I'm bringing her again to my work. I know, my supervisor already warned me about this. But I have no choice, I don't want to leave, I'll just be at ease if she's with me.

I put her in her hiding place, and then I went inside the facility to do my work. My mind is occupied as I was doing my work. I kept thinking about what happened yesterday.

I even had a nightmare because of that, tsk. That event really gave me a scar. What if I leave that house like right after I finish my work?

Maybe it's okay to take a risk even just once?

It was an hour before my work ended when the supervisor called me to go to his office. I trailed my way to his office.

When I arrived at his office, I saw my supervisor being problematic about something. He looked funny, I wanna laugh at his face, but I still feel gloomy because of what happened last night, so I just quietly sat down at the chair in front of his desk.

"You called for me, sir?" I muttered,

"Ah, yes." He raised his hanging head. "I think I've already warned you? Right?"

"Yes, sir. But--"

"No buts, I clearly told you what you needed to do." He said, frowning.

I didn't talk and just looked at him guiltily. He is like, about to say something that will upset me because of how he looks at me.

"Pamela, these past few weeks, we noticed that you are not on your mind." He started. " And I just discovered that you've been hiding your dog in this facility when you perfectly know that it's not allowed."

I really don't feel good about this.

"I've been thinking about this since last week." After saying that, he looks directly at my eyes. "Pamela... I think I need to fire you. I'm sorry, but this is the final."

"But, sir! Why!" I desperately said, "Please give me a chance!?" My voice is now raising because of worry.

I need this work! I still need to save up money so we can finally leave that house.

"I've been planning to fire you. It's just that i can't find a replacement for you." He said.

What?! What kind of reason is that?

I kinda know that this supervisor of mine really has something bad towards me. I don't want to assume, but I can't help it!

"Do you have any complaints, Pamela?" Said by my supervisor.

"No, sir." I don't wanna see you anyway.

After that talk, I just got Made out of her hiding place and went to my locker to get my remaining things.

I went out of the facility with a heavy heart. Now, I'm broke. Literally and figuratively. I need to find a new work, I can't stay like this.

While on our way to the house, Madi barked again. I looked at what she was barking at. Oh, it was an elderly woman. She's also looking at us.

"Is that...?" I heard her mutter.

I raised my brow because of what I heard. Not just because of what I heard, but also because she asked that while looking at Madi.

Madi stopped barking when the elderly stopped in front of us.

"Your dog?" She asked me.

"Ah, yes!" I answered, "Why?" I said with a soft voice.

She shook her head. She has this puzzled look, like she's trying to remember something.

"She's so cute, just like you." My cheek heated with her statement. I only receive compliments sometimes. "But you look sad. Did something happen?" She worriedly asked.

"I got fired, now I don't have work anymore."

"Oh, is that so?" She exclaimed. "Well, would you mind if I get your number? I would love to help you." She said with a motherly smile.

But isn't it too fast if I gave her my number? She looks trustworthy, though. Nah, I'll just give it to her, I'm a risk taker after all.

"I'll call you immediately if I can help you." She said after I gave her my number.

"Thank you!" I sweetly said, "I'll get going now." She nodded at me, so I trail my way home while Madi's looking at her.