Chapter 8

Pamela's P.O.V

When I woke up in the morning, I didn't get up just yet. The full realisation just hit me. I will be staying in this hell house for the whole day and the next ones.

I'm jobless. What will I do?!

I've said already that I need to quickly find a new work, but how!? I don't know how to start. What to do? What to do?

To divert my mind from all my problems, I went out of my bed, fixed it, and after that, I went to the kitchen to cook breakfast.

No one's at home, aside from me. I don't care about what their doing. I just ate my food with Madi, of course. Madi finished her food earlier than I did, which is so unusual. Since I'm always running out of time because I need to hurry for work, I always finish first and just gonna wait for her to finish hers.

But right now, it's not the same. I don't have work anymore. I can even beat a turtle because of my movements.

When I finally finished eating, I went back to my room with Madi following me. To kill the time together, we just cuddled and played with each other.

When it was lunchtime, I was planning to just bring Madi outside to eat. There is no food to cook here in this house anymore.

I opened my door at the same time Lily opened the front door. She just arrived from i don't know where.

She didn't pay attention to me and went straight to the kitchen. After a while of roaming, she suddenly shouted.

"Pamela!! You leech!" She exclaimed, "Why is there no food?! Even water!?" She can't believe it.

"I think you didn't buy stocks for your food." I calmly said, feeling so bored. Ugh, I'm so hungry.

"Then you should buy stocks! You should be ashamed! You're not doing anything worthy in this house, and you don't even have any contribution!" She blabbered out.

"I don't have money."

"What do you mean you don't have money? Don't you have any work?! What? You got fired?"
She blabbered more, "Huh? Ah! Hahahahah! You got fired? How poor!" She mockingly said.

I didn't answer her. I don't have anything against what she's saying. It's the truth anyway.

"You're now useless in this house. You mean nothing. The only reason why I let you stay here after my parents died is because I wanna make use of you." She raised her brows, "But then, you're now useless? Should I kick you out?"

I'm afraid. But I won't let her see it.

I kept my face straight, looking so strong. Like I don't fear anything at all. And while she's mocking me, I'm already thinking of ways if I leave this house today.

Should I just rent? I can still do that, I think I have enough money for that. Tough it's just for a day so I really need to find work. I don't want to die in starvation. I don't wanna leave Madi.

"Even if you don't kick me out, I'm already planning to leave this house! I never want to be here anyway!" I got out of patience, "It sucks being with you! Being with someone who sucks at everything is draining! All of you! Are DRAINING!!" I said that getting all the air in my lungs.

"Then leave! Get all your clothes and leave my house!" In the middle of her sentence, I already went into my room and collected all my things.

After doing so, I faced Lily with a mocking face.

"I will never go back here." Then I went out of the house with Madi behind me. Lily seems shocked to see a dog following me.

It feels so surreal. This is my ultimate dream. To be free from them. To get out from their grip.

I feel all the burden and heavy blocks in my heart disappeared after I stepped out of that house.

Now, I only have one goal. To have a better life and to put my mother's soul at ease.