𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙼𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚂𝚊𝚢

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫:➪ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ - ᴊᴏʜɴɴʏ ᴍᴀᴛʜɪs

➪ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ - ᴊᴏʜɴɴʏ ᴍᴀᴛʜɪs

☆☆☆☆☆

𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆

Sunshine peaks through the cracks of the window blind, indicating that the moon has gone to bed and it is now the sun’s turn to take over for the day. Kei groaned slightly and shifted his sleeping position, stretching his legs that were entangled with (F/n)’s. He opened his eyes and blinked a couple of times to adjust to the morning light of their room. He sighs and looks over at his wife. (F/n) was facing toward him, still sound asleep. Kei noticed her hair sprawled around her face and reached over to tuck some of it behind her ear. (F/n) stirred a bit before settling, continuing her sleep.

It was Kei’s day off from work and he decided to take care of the morning tasks that (F/n) would take care of when he would be at work. He carefully got out of bed, making sure not to wake up (F/n), and went to the bathroom to freshen up quickly before he slipped out of the bedroom. He made the short journey of a couple of footsteps to their son’s room. Big green letters decorated his bedroom door, spelling his name. He opened the door carefully and was greeted by Kai, who was already awake in his crib. He had woken up a couple of minutes before Kei did and waited until he heard his parent’s door open and close. He was now standing by the crib wall, rubbing his eyes.

“Hi daddy,” Kai smiled and put his arms up.

“Good morning,” Kei gave him a small smile and picked his son up, “Did you sleep well?”

“Mhm,” Kai replied sleepily, “Where’s mommy?”

“She’s still asleep,” Kei told him as they exited Kai’s room, “Want to help me make breakfast for her?”

Kai looked at his dad as his eyes sparkled, “Yes!”

The two made their way into the kitchen and Kei sat Kai onto the counter before grabbing what he needed from the fridge and pantry.

“What we making?” Kai asked while he swung his legs back and forth while they were hanging off of the counter.

“Tamagoyaki, rice, and some miso soup,” Kei explained.

Kei gathered the ingredients to make the miso soup and started preparing it. Kai watched from the sidelines before he spoke up.

“I wanna see,” Kai put his hands out.

Kei chuckled, “Alright,” he put the ladle down and went over to pick Kai up. He then rested Kai on his hip and went back to making the soup.

Kei then explained how to make the soup and Kai nodded as if he understood what he meant though Kei knew he’d forget everything he told him after five minutes. Kai insisted he was to be held while Kei heated up the rice and made the Tamagoyaki. Kei was thankful that he learned how to cook with one hand via (F/n) who had a habit of cooking with one hand.