chapter five

Every story comes in full circle especially this one

Stefan runs backwards, football in his hands. "What are we doing here?." Damon asks. "Bonding." Stefan answers. "Catch." As Stefan throws the football to his older brother, Damon.

Damon catches it throwing it back in an under toss, Stefan catches it. "Come on." Stefan says with a smile tossing it back to Damon. "Give it a try." He says.

Damon catches the ball setting down the bottle of bourbon in his hand on the green grass of the football field.

"Don't forget who taught you how to play this game." Damon says.

The older Salvatore throws the football far, using his vamp speed to catch it but the younger Salvatore using his speed as well tackling his brother onto his back.

Both of them grunting as they both crash to the floor. Damon grunts with a cough making Stefan laugh a bit since Damon is on his diet for the time being.

"Ow that hurts." Damon groans.

"Down side to my diet, getting hit actually hurts." Stefan chuckles.

"Whoa, I'm impressed Stefan." Damon says. "Fun with booze and darts, sentimental football, now." Damon takes a pause. "A starry night." As sarcasm drips from Damon's tone.

Damon sits up turning to look at his brother laying on the grass, giving his younger brother a familiar look. "What do you want Stefan?." He asks as if he's annoyed by Stefan's efforts.

Stefan sits up looking at Damon eye to eye. "It wasn't real." Stefan finally finds the words. "Damon, our love for Katherine." Stefan continues.

Damon gives a sarcastic smile looking up to the sky he couldn't believe where his brother was going with this.

"She compelled us we didn't have a choice." Stefan says. "It took me years to sort out the truth, trying to understand what she did to us." Stefan continues on.

Damon looks back to his brother rolling his eyes. "Oh no Stefan." He pants his brothers arm getting up. "We are not talking on that tonight." Damon says walking away from his brother.

"What do you want with Katherine's crystal?." Stefan asks as he stares at the back of Damon's back.

Damon stops turning around slowly to look at Stefan once again. "How do you know about that?." Damon asks with his cocky attitude.

Stefan stands up. "C'mon, you knew Elena would tell me." He says.

"How'd you know it was Katherine's crystal?." Damon asks. "Emily gave it to her on her last night and I was with her." Damon takes a pause. "And you weren't." He says.

Damon kept his walls up with his cocky attitude trying to get under Stefan's skin, but it didn't work.

"Because I was the last one to see her." Stefan says.

Damon facade faltered a bit looking at Stefan, almost turning into a hurt one.

"Now what do you want with Katherine's crystal?." Stefan asks once again.

Damon tilts his head giving his all knowing smirk. "She didn't tell you?." He asks.

"We had other things on our mind." Stefan answers.