chapter ten

Damon put his arms down. "If you're lying to me I will end you."

"I'm not lying, there's another way to break the spell." Logan says. "We can help you."

Police sirens come into the distance, Liz was close.

"Meet me at the old church." Logan says looking back then back to Damon.

Damon considers it looking down the road to where Liz could be coming then over his shoulder seeing Alessia, her face showed nothing but worry about Logan he knew she hated violence, he always knew. Then it was the approval he was waiting for.

Alessia nodded her head. Damon gave a small smile turning back to Logan hearing the sirens get closer.

"Take me down, make it look real." Damon tells Logan.

Logan nods when Damon takes a swing with the tire iron when Logan ducks down hitting Damon in the stomach then using his strength knocking Damon into the SUV.

Liz pulled up slamming on her breaks and her police lights flashing getting out of the car, she heard Damon groaning in pain.

"Oh, god, where is she?." Liz walks to Damon. "She's fine, Caroline is with my brother, she's safe." Damon held up his hand as his other one was pushing him off the ground to stand up on his knees.

Damon fully stands up gripping his arm like he was in pain, panting. "I'm sorry Sheriff, I just wasn't strong enough."

•~🌘•~

Elena talked to a teacher when she turns to see Stefan come into view of the hallway of the school with the career night still in session.

She excuses herself quickly heading towards Stefan.

"Caroline?." Elena asks.

"She's okay, I took her home." Stefan says.

They both leave down the hallway walking away from people.

"She was shook up, but all she knows is Logan attacked her." Stefan explains. "Nothing else."

"Where's Logan?." Elena asks, looking at Stefan.

"Damon's...dealing with it, Alessia stayed with him." Stefan says.

"As in?." Elena raised her eyebrows.

Stefan nodded his head knowing what Elena was meaning.

"Alessia would help with that?." Elena asks.

Stefan sighed. "I'm guessing you picked up she doesn't like violence?."

"When she hitched a ride in me I could hear her thoughts pretty loud and how she hates vampires and well you know." Elena sighs.

Stefan sighed looking away from Elena then stepped away a bit when Elena reached out her hand.

"You saw what happened tonight." Stefan says. "I mean, you understand why we can't be together? You see it?." Stefan folded his arms across his chest.

"Yeah, I'm starting to see a lot of things, Stefan." Elena says. "Come on, I'll, uh.. I'll give you a ride."

"Oh, I can get home." Stefan says.

"I know." Elena replied.

"Alright, that'd be nice." Stefan gave a small smile.