chapter thirteen

Alaric is searching through his car for his ring he can't seem to find, a ring his wife gave him.

It was a big bulky ring he was never fond of but he wore it for her, it has a big black stone with a silver setting and a bird like symbol in the center of the stone.

"Hey, Mr. Saltzman."

Alaric turns his head to see Jeremy Gilbert.

"Hey, Jeremy, uh I can't find my ring." Alaric chuckles. "I took it off for the gym and I.. thought I put it back." Alaric stops when he sees it, the feeling of relief off his chest.

He slides it back onto his wedding finger. "Losing family heirlooms is bad." Alaric gets out of his car closing the door.

"How's your extra credit coming? you pick a topic?." Alaric asks Jeremy.

"Uh, Mystic Falls the civil war era." Jeremy answers.

"What's the angle?." Alaric asks.

"My family, I found a journal of an ancestor who lived in the 1800s." Jeremy says. "And the Gilberts were one of the original founding families of Mystic falls, so."

"That sounds good." Alaric smiles.

•~🌘•~

Stefan set his sights on finding Bonnie first before finding Alessia to find Elena.

His boots hitting the sidewalk until he  saw Bonnie's curly hair as he caught up to her.

"Bonnie!."

Bonnie turned around to see it's Stefan.

"Stefan!."

"Hey"

"Hi"

Stefan finally catches up to Bonnie's side matching her each step.

"I uh, haven't seen you lately." Stefan says. "How are you doing with everything?."

Bonnie gave him an uncertain look not sure she feels about the small talk of the big elephant in the room.

The elephant meaning, vampires.

"Uh, I'm fine." Bonnie answers.

"Good." Stefan responds.

"Are you back in school?." Bonnie asks.

"No, actually I came here to find you, hoping you can help me with something." Stefan says. "A spell."

Bonnie stops giving a look to Stefan and look he can tell she looks exhausted but mixed with really, did you really just ask me that?.

"Stefan." Bonnie starts. "Look, I know Elena is okay with all of this and I appreciate what you Alessia did for me, but I'm not really ready to dive into it with you just yet."

"I understand that but I need your help, it's Elena she's with Damon." Stefan says.

Bonnie's face hardened when hearing those words. Her best friend with the man who almost killed her over drama from the past.

"Come on." Bonnie waves Stefan to follow her as they sit in an isolated area away from people.

"I have Elena's necklace." Stefan pulls out the silver jewelry from his leather jacket pocket. "I was hoping you could use this to make some sort of connection, I just need to know that she's okay."