midnight mistakes ⚠️

"Please don't wake up" Areum whispered as she slowly lifted Mark's arm off her body, replacing it with her pillow instead which he was quick to cuddle. She sighed in relief as she picked up the grey hoodie on the floor. The grey hoodie that reminded her of him. The grey hoodie she had been wearing over the last few days as she pretended to not miss him. The grey hoodie that no longer smelled like him.

The subway past midnight was always one hell of a scary ride, something she always hated to do. But tonight it was different, tonight she wanted to. She had to. And she kept that mentality with her until she found herself in front of Jaemin's apartment door.

This was a mistake. She should have never came here.

She sighed, dropping the fist that had eagerly reached up to knock against the wooden door. She stared at his door number one more time, realising that Mark was right. She needed to forget him. It was for the best. And just as she built up enough courage to turn away from his front door, Jaemin had stepped out of the elevator on his floor.

His keys jingled in his fingers as he let out a tired yawn, exhausted from finishing up a surgery he had put off until his suspension period was over. He was so tired that he almost walked straight into the girl who seemed stuck in her place infront of him. His eyes landed on the familiar grey hoodie, the same grey hoodie that had been missing from his wardrobe for the last week or so. And in a matter of seconds, his eyes finally met hers.

He had a thousand questions to ask. What are you doing here? Why didn't you answer my calls? Why didn't you text me? Why didn't you come see me at the clinic? What happened? But none of these questions seemed to make it out of his lips. He disregarded his mind along with any rational thought in his body before he took long strides towards her as she braced herself for the impact.

It was almost a scene out of a movie, the way he pulled her into him and smashed their lips together. Her feet stumbled, her back soon hitting against his door as he blindly attempted to key it open, too focused on not breaking their kiss—because God knows how long she'll disappear if he was to let her go again.

"I hate you" Jaemin mumbled inbetween their passionate kiss as he pushed his front door open and taking her against the wall inside his flat, kicking the door shut and not caring if he was to get a noise complaint the next morning

"I hate how much you drive me fucking insane" Jaemin grunted, pushing his hips against hers and she gasped at how quick his body had reacted to her.

"I hate that you showed up here. I hate how you disappeared...I hate that I can't stop kissing you" he said against the crook of her neck as he placed several kisses against her soft skin.

"I missed you" she said with a small voice, making him stop his actions as he looked into her eyes. His hands were placed on the wall behind her, thick arms caging her between him and the har surface.

"Then why did you just disappear? You could've came to see me" he let out, hoping for an honest response but he felt stupid for even expecting one

"I just...I couldn't—"

"Why not?" He pressed on but ultimately sighed as she lowered her eyes to look away from him with guilt laced all over her face

"Let me guess, it's complicated" he said with a dry laugh that seemed anything but humoured

"Yeah." She said with a low whisper, raising her eyes to look back up at his. He studied her expression closely, trying to make her crack and tell him the truth but he knew she was just as stubborn as him.

So instead he continued what she really came here for, reconnecting their lips together in a rougher kiss. Jaemin's hands slid down her waist to grab a handful of ass, making her groan and buck her hips against him, feeling him again.