Chapter Three: Rally Day

A/N: this chapter will be switching POVS (point of views) so just a heads up! :)

It was a cool, breezy, starry night in Chicago, Jamie was on the roof of the apartment building sitting on a big old couch that had been up there when she moved in. It was in bad shape, the arms were chewed up, the previous owner must have had a cat or a dog, mostly a cat seeing from the claw marks on the legs of couch. Besides it's flaws it was a comfy, cozy couch, it was good enough for Jamie to relax and recollect her thoughts on. She sat, staring at the sky, her phone in hand as she snuggled up with a fleece blanket, she watched the night sky as the air planes flew by, it was the little things that made Jamie.. Happy. Happiness was hard to come by these days for her, being alone and having a hard time earning some money were a major struggle, but when she was on that roof sitting in that couch it was like all of those problems didn't exist. Jamie read the time as she unlocked her phone, 1:00 am. She got up and went back to her apartment where the only light source was the tv that was playing a rerun of the fresh prince of bell-air, one of Jamie's favorites. She snuggled in bed facing toward the television as she slowly drifted off into sleep.

Jamie stared out the window as the sun shined through, she hardly slept, her mind just raced with a million thoughts. She shut off her alarm and began her day, Eddie was meeting her at the United Center to get a few interviews with the other players before the parade and rally, after she showered she fixed herself a quick but small breakfast, french toast with a side of maple flavored sausage links. She rinsed the dishes and got dressed in a coral and white dress, beige ankle strap platform sandal wedges, she put her hair in a messy yet elegant ponytail and her makeup was done to look natural. Jamie enjoyed dressing up, wearing makeup but she put a little bit more effort for the rally because she knew Jon would obviously be there, he made her feel like she was on a cloud, those dark brown eyes made her heart and stomach do backflips, his voice was like butter, so smooth. As Jamie gave herself one quick glance in the mirror, she nodded to herself and put on a smile leaving her apartment.

Jamie hopped off the bus and walked the few blocks that led to the United Center, she passed the Michael Jordan statue and met Eddie on the side of the building.

"Took you long enough." he teased.

"It was the bus, traffic is hella crazy." she replied as they walked in together.

They walked into a conference room where there were a bunch of players in their jerseys and lots of press, and the Stanley Cup was also sitting gracefully on a table. The trophy glistened under the bright lights of the room, it was beautiful the way it shined, Jamie loved it.

"So, now what?" Eddie asked.

"We ask an available player some questions!" Jamie replied, with a big smile spread across her lips. Eddie propped his camera onto his shoulder, following her around. He was happy for her enthusiasm, it was about time.

Jamie looked around and spotted a player standing near the corner of the room on his phone, she approached him nervously.

"Hi," she smiled kindly. "I'm Jamie Smith from Global New Global Connection." Jamie stuck her hand out to shake his.

"Hello, I'm Brandon Saad from the Chicago Blackhawks." he shook her hand gently with a soft chuckle.

Jamie giggled lowly and grinned.
"Would it be okay if we asked you a few questions?"

"Oh yeah, sure! I love questions."

"Really?" She asked.

"No not really," he replied with a laugh. "But please ask away."

"Okay, Eddie get the camera rolling."

"Rollin'."

"Good morning everyone, I'm Jamie Smith and I'm here with Chicago Blackhawks' very own Brandon Saad. So Brandon, how have you been celebrating the team's win?"