Chapter Fourteen: a Wonderful Christmas Time

A/N: hey guys! I'm adding another new character to the story, ems009 ! Be on the look out for her, I know I've added TVR's actual girlfriend Annie Shields to the story but she will not be involved anymore for ems009 will be taking Annie's place! Also check out her story A Little More You, it rocks! Don't forget to vote and comment!
Xoxo, Jamie.

-----------------------

Christmas is less than one week away and man am I pumped, I've watched How The Grinch Stole Christmas eight times since December started, Christmas carols were constantly playing on my radio in the car, even in Jonathan's car, he wanted to kill me every time Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree played, I wore my reindeer antlers every day to work. I loved Christmas, I love the spirit, I love the feeling you get when you're around your family and everyone who loves you. I didn't have much of a family, but I had incredible friends who are just as good as family.

"Finish your Christmas shopping yet, JJ?" Eddie asks as we both headed out the door of the news station.

Finally done with work.

"Just about," I replied, throwing my bag into the back of my car. "I just got to get Emily, Patrick and Ryan a few things and I'm almost done with Jonathan."

He was just about to say something but I cut him off.

"Don't worry, I finished for you, Mama E, Pop and Vanessa."

"I was gonna say you don't have to get us anything."

"I saved a little over nine hundred dollars in my fund, Eddie, how did you think that I was not going to get you anything?"

Eddie shrugged, I have this jar, I call my Christmas fund, I throw any left over cash I have into it for this time of the year, thankfully my plan always comes through.

"This is why you're always the MVP." Eddie laughed softly.

"I try," I smile. "Where you off to?"

"Home, there's a wedding tonight and I got the gig, you?"

"Either home or stop and finish Christmas shopping. You're still doing the photography thing?" I rested my arms on the hood of my car.

"Pays the bills."

"True.. You know, we haven't been hanging out as much as we used to."

Eddie chuckled with a grin.

"Jamie, you finally have friends, a boyfriend, a life and you still wanna hang out with me?"

"Well, yeah. You know you are always welcomed to come with me, Jonathan is always asking about you and wants you to come with us to the games."

I honestly missed hanging out with Eddie, he was my only friend when I got here, he's considered me as a sister, why didn't he want to hang out with me anymore?

"I think it's time I let you live your life, JJ."

"But you weren't stopping me."

"I was, all we used to do was just hang and chill, if I didn't drive you to that game six months ago you wouldn't have met Jonathan and be as happy as you are now. We can still hang out but I want you to continue doing your thing with your hockey fam."

In a way Eddie had a point, it was a little bit stupid but the point was there.

"So you'd rather me hang out with the hockey players than to hang out with you?" I was beyond confused at this point.