Chapter Four: Purity

Jamie's P.O.V.

Jamie hopped off the train walking into the dingy station with a grin on her face, she stopped to give a dollar to a homeless woman sitting in the corner, Jamie made her way outside where the wind blew her hair in her face, she quickly pulled it away and straightened them out before she went on her way to work. It was warm and sunny, she decided to leave her hair down, it looked best with her white based floral print dress that she wore with white keds sneakers. She was chipper than usual, it was due to the fact that her boss is happy with the work Jamie's been doing and Jamie was more than excited for her lunch date with Jonathan. Although she didn't want to admit it was a date. Jamie inhaled and exhaled softly as she waiting at the stop light for the signal to walk, Jonathan made her nervous, just the thought of him made her want to hide under a blanket.

Just relax Jamie, it's just lunch not a sacrifice.

She strut down the street and made her way into the news station.

"You're...on time?" Eddie greeted her as she walked up to her camera position.

Jamie nodded and smiled.

"I know, isn't it amazing?"

"And you're wearing a lot more makeup than usual."

"That's because I like makeup."

Eddie gave her a sly grin.

"You goin' on a date."

Jamie blushed madly, she continued to set up her camera not looking at Eddie.

"It's not a date." she muttered softly.

"What?"

"It's not a date," Jamie repeated, finally looking at him. "I'm just meeting a friend for lunch."

"Jamie, I'm your only friend."

Crap.

Jamie knew she wasn't going to win, she knew that Eddie was going to find out one way or another so why should she hide it from the only friend she has. Though, Jamie was shy to talk about it, having Jonathan spend the night at her house made her think about what people would say about her. She says it doesn't bother her on the outside but on the inside she was scared, horrified of the thought of people talking bad about her would break her.

"Okay, I'm meeting someone for lunch, it's nothing serious!" She protested, raising her arms in defense.

Eddie smirked.

"Atta girl...who is it?"

Jamie bit her bottom lip and pretended to be fixing something on her camera, she blushed just thinking about it.

"The Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks.." She replied in a shy and quiet tone.

His eyes went wide.

"What? Who? Why? How?" Eddie asked all at once.

"I'm meeting Jonathan Toews for lunch because he spend the night at my apartment and he wanted to thank me for not letting him drive home drunk." Jamie replied in one breath. She didn't think it was a big deal, it's just two friends getting lunch together, was that so bad?

Eddie grinned at her.

"You know, your parents would have been proud."

"For bringing a random stranger into my house?" She chuckled softly.

"No, for doing the right thing."

"Yeah...I know."

Jamie went silent, the thought of her parents, would they've been proud for stopping someone from driving home drunk? Would they've been proud for the woman Jamie had become? Coming a long way from what happened? All these things raced through her mind, she wanted these questions to be answered, by somebody, anybody...