Chapter Six: Sanctuary

A/N: Hello! Thanks to everyone who has been reading and voting, it means soo much! I'm going to be switching the POVs from third person to first person from now on, just a heads up :) enjoy!
------------

Jamie's P.O.V.

"Forever he is glorified, forever he is lifted high, forever he is risen, he is alive, he is alive." I sang softly, lowly, along with the church choir, my eyes wandering the small building as I stood behind the microphone with the other singers.

The sun from the big, square windows shined bright, directly onto the stage, making the black, sleek piano glisten, my eyes shifted to the pastor praying with a little girl and her parents, the rest of the audience stretched their arms out a bit, also praying for the little girl, she had just found out that she has brain cancer, she's only nine years old. My eyes moved from the little girl to the white pews where each one were filled with families, a small smile reached my lips, I noticed the blue carpet matched well with the blue curtain behind me, i could remember the first time I came here. I was alone, lost, scared, broken. I felt safe here, all of that was turned around and changed, God, my life changed so much it scares me, how could you be one person today and be a totally different person the next?

I was shook out of my thoughts by Michelle, the girl that I sing next to. She gently nudged me with her elbow as the communion was being served, by this time everyone stopped singing and sat down while I was caught in a trance with my thoughts.

Service had ended and mostly everyone that was there were outside mingling, I walked out of the small building turning my phone back on, checking for notifications.

Nothing.

"Jamie!" I heard someone call my name.

As I stepped down from the last step of the church I turned around to see Eddie's little sister, Vanessa and the little girl they were praying for, Emily.

"Hey girls." I smiled at the two.

"Guess what!" Vanessa exclaimed.

"Ummm.... You found twenty bucks?" I guessed.

"No!" Vanessa looked at Emily who had the biggest smile on her face.

"We're going to see One Direction!" Emily blurted out.

"That's great!" I chuckled softly as the two girls squealed and jumped.

"Jamie, hi, how are you?" A blonde woman came up, Emily clung onto the woman's dress.

"I'm fine, Mrs. Reed. How are you?" I smiled politely.

"We're all... Doing okay," she smiled weakly as she looked down at her daughter. "Do you think you can babysit for me tonight?"

"Oh, tonight?" I quickly pressed the home screen button on my phone to check the time. 11:42 am, I looked up at Mrs. Reed and then at Emily. I always babysat for the Reed's.

"I'm sorry but I can't tonight, Mrs. Reed," my face expression full of sorrow. "I have some paper work to fill out and my shift at the Hilltop Diner starts at six."

She gave me a reassuring smile.

"That's quite alright dear, I'm sure Ebony and Ramon can fill in."

Eddie's parents, they were close with Maree and Jack Reed because of Vanessa and Emily, they were the best of friends.

I nodded with a grin and waved goodbye to Maree, Emily and Vanessa, making my way to the bus stop.

"Jamie!" I heard someone call my name again.

I huffed softly through my nose, chuckling to myself. I turned around to find the pastor of the church James Novak and his wife Claire, the kindest people I've ever met.