Chapter Nineteen: All-Star Weekend

A/N: hello everyone! Just wanted to say thanks to my friends Dawn101Dusk  and MelGabrielle5  for helping me with this chapter, you guys are awesome. <3 also just a heads up there's a manip that I made and it's horrible lmao enjoy! xox Jamie.
-----------------------

Jonathan's P.O.V.

Ding, Ding.

Jimmy Jam: guess who just got assigned to cover the all-star weekend!?!?
Delivered 12:22 pm.

Captain Toews: umm Chanel?
Read 12:23 pm

"Ahem.."

I looked up from my phone and quickly shoved it back into my pocket when I saw Coach Q glaring daggers at me.

If looks could kill, I'd be dead eight minutes ago.

"Sorry, Coach.." I replied sheepishly as I scooted back on the exam table.

I had a doctor's appointment today because during our game against the Hurricanes I wasn't feeling too well and got sent back to the locker room, I argued the fact that I was feeling completely fine just so I won't leave the game but we all know I lost that argument. I tried to avoid the doctor because I knew what the outcome would be and God knows that I didn't want to hear what Coach Q was going to say but from feeling sick to my stomach, fatigued almost every day and a constant dry cough, Jamie forced me to go.

"So, is he good to go, Doctor Terry?" Coach Q asked, his arm crossed over his chest while his other arm was propped on top, and index finger rested on his bottom lip.

He looked angry.

When is he ever not angry?

"Not exactly, Mister Quenneville," Doctor Terry chuckled.

Doctor Terry was pretty familiar with the team, he's treated us many times.

"What do you mean not exactly?" I asked.

"Well, it's nothing too serious but it's something you shouldn't ignore."

"What is it?" Joel questioned, this time you could see he was getting impatient.

"Common cold virus, I suggest you get some over-the-counter ibuprofen and lots of rest over the week."

"Over the week? Can't you give him to make him feel better by tomorrow?" My agent, Greg questioned.

"I don't think that's possible, sir."

"That's fine Doctor Terry," I hopped off the table and got my jacket on. "Thank you."

I walked out of the bland doctors' office with Greg and Joel following behind, the two of them were talking in whispers with a few shouts here and there.

"You are aware you're going to have to miss the All-Star game right, Jonathan?"

"Yes, Greg, I am well aware."

"And we're gonna to suspend you." Coach Q told me.

"What?" I asked bitterly.

"Since you're missing the All-Star game you're gonna be suspended one game, those are the rules, kid."

"But I'm sick, I have no choice but to miss the All-Star game!" I let out a frustrated sigh, I could feel the rage and anger building up inside.

"I don't make the rules, Jonny."