Chapter Eight: Last First Kiss

A/N: hey guys! Just a quick little announcement, there is a new character in the story thanks to AveryRayne look out for her ;) also check out her story it's pretty great.
------------

Jamie's P.O.V.

6:30 am.

Buzz!!!

I heard my alarm clock go off, I reached over and shut it off. Groaning softly, I sat up resting my head into my hands.

Another restless night, when will it stop?

"Probably never." I mumbled, talking to myself is one of my bad habits, it's something I can't get rid of.

I hopped off my futon and looked out the window, I was greeted by gloomy, gray skies, little raindrops trickled down the window, the tree branches danced as the wind blew through them. I opened the window letting the cool breeze in, I sighed, I was content. I pulled my shorts down a little since it was cold and I only had on those and a tank top.

I grabbed my phone and decided to shoot Jon one of those good morning texts, though, I felt it was too fast. He made me feel all sorts of ways, that boy is driving me insane.

JimmyJam: Mornin' Captain. :P

I read the clock and decided to get ready for work, I threw my phone on the bed and went to shower and get ready for work. After twenty minutes of getting ready, I grabbed a muffin and headed off to the bus stop, it was cool outside, the weather changes here like I change my socks.

"JJ!" Eddie pulls up to the curb.

"Eddie you can't park here, you're going to get a ticket." I laughed.

"Then hop in."

I hesitated, I felt like I was burden to Eddie, always needing rides, always needing his help.

"I'll just wait for the bus."

"Nonsense! Get in in!"

I wasn't going to win, I got in buckling up, relaxing into the chair as Eddie drove off.

"Everything okay?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I'm just tired. I was out late last night with Jonathan plus my sleep was pretty crappy."

"How was your date?"

I couldn't help but smile.

"Have you ever had something so amazing it just made you want more of it?"

"Uh, no." He replied with a chuckle.

"It's just something about that boy that makes me forget about everything and everything isn't so bad anymore."

That's how I feel when I'm with Jonathan, nothing matters when I'm with him, it's just me, him and the stars.

"Well I'm very glad Mister Hockey Man makes you feel all sorts of ways." Eddie says as we pull up into the parking lot of the news station.

"Aww, thanks Eddie."

"You working tonight?" He asks, changing the subject quickly as he got out of the car after putting it in park and turning off the engine.

"No, not tonight. I asked if I can have tonight off so I can finish my paper for the Chicago Tribune." I reply, mirroring Eddie's actions as I grabbed my purse.

"How's that going?"

I paused, closing the door to the car and sat in my thoughts for a few seconds.