Chapter Twelve: Friendsgiving

Jamie's P.O.V.

November 15th, 2015.

"You guys rocked it." Ryan says to Patrick and Jonathan as she walked back into the living room of Patrick's home with beers for the three of them.

It was late at night and the four of us just got back from a victory dinner after the game against Calgary, the boys managed to get four goals while the Flames had only one. Jonathan and Patrick decided we'd come back to Pat's house for drinks and just to relax. Although I didn't drink, I loved celebrating with them.

"I wished I could have seen it." I pouted, snuggling into Jonathan.

I wasn't able to watch or go to the game due to my late shift at the diner, I heard bits and pieces of it from the radio but it sucked that I wasn't apart of the excitement.

"You can always watch the highlights online." Jonathan said, wrapping his arm around me.

"What's the fun of that?" Patrick questioned with a small laugh.

"There's always the next game, Jamie." Ryan said with an assuring smile.

I nodded, listening to Patrick, Ryan and Jonathan's conversation about the game earlier, past games and future games, I was still in the learning process of quote "hockey talk" unquote. But I am lucky enough to know what they're talking about and that's all that really matters at this point.

"Panarin is beast guys, I don't care what anyone says he is the greatest." Ryan stated before she took a chug from her beer.

Artemi Panarin was the newest rookie to the team from Russia, he was also Patrick's line mate along with Artem Anisimov, Artemi is the sweetest ball of sunshine you could ask for, he is amazing player, great teammate, I remember my first encounter with him it was hilarious because he can only speak Russian and our conversation consisted of broken English and weird hand gestures, I felt really bad because I kept saying huh and what, Artemi and I agreed that just a friendly wave will do.

"What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?" I asked, breaking my train of thought.

"Ummm.." Jonathan flustered, searching for words.

"We won't be here." Patrick answered.

"Where will you be then?"

"Two week circus road trip." Ryan replied.

"We actually leave Tuesday night." Jonathan replied as he moved his arm when I got up.

"But what about Thanksgiving?" I ask.

"We usually spend it in a hotel with the team and crew. I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my family in a while actually." Patrick said, looking at his beer bottle.

"Then let's have Friendsgiving!" I said cheerfully, standing to my feet.

"Friendsgiving?" The three of them asked in confusion.

"It's like Thanksgiving but only you have Thanksgiving dinner plus lots of other foods like a potluck with all of your friends."

"This is a thing?" Jonathan asks.

"Yes!"

"I say we do it." Patrick chimed in, beaming a bit with a grin that only a mother could love.

"On such short notice?" Ryan asked, looking at me.

"When will we'll do it?" Jonny asked.

"We'll do it Tuesday, after your guys' practice." I said with a grin that matched Patrick.