Chapter Thirteen: That Four Letter Word

Jamie's P.O.V.

"Heyyy, Toes!!" I shouted with a giggle as I answered Jonathan's FaceTime call.

The guys finished an amazing game against Anaheim earlier, two to zero, the Ducks were in the lead but in the last minutes of the game Marian Hossa and Duncan Keith managed to get us on the board, tying the game and sending us into overtime which we won, it was such a thrill to be apart of it.

"Still going with the Toes thing?" Jonathan asks with a small chuckle as he adjusted his earbuds into his canal.

Jon just got into Los Angeles and finally settled into the hotel, it's been two weeks since I've last saw him and it was driving me crazy! Thankfully LA was their last stop and they'd be home soon.

"Yes, it's funny," I grinned. "What's up?"

"I am laying down, debating whether I should sleep, watch tv or watch the game from earlier.. What are you eating?" He laughed as I stuffed my face with a Boss Wrap from Taco Bell.

I was curled up in my blanket, eating my very late dinner.

"Taco Bell!"

"Jamie, it's four in the morning there, isn't it too late to be eating that?" His laugh slowed into a chuckle.

"Yeah but I skipped out on dinner earlier."

"Why?"

"Busy bee my friend, busy bee. You guys played amazing today by the way."

I quickly changed the subject, I didn't want Jonathan to worry about me when he should be focus on his games.

"Thank you, it was crazy though, I did not expect to win."

"I was on the edge of my seat all the way through, I thought Eddie's mom was gonna smack me from how loud I was yelling at the tv."

"You yell at the tv while watching our games?" Jonathan chuckled again.

"She's a keeper, Jonny!" Patrick chimed in from the back.

"I wanna say hi to Patrick."

"Hang on, Kaner." Jonathan jerked his head in the direction of the iPhone as he took out one earbud and handed it to Patrick.

"Hey Jamie."

"Hi Patrick!" I yelled with a smile. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great, what about you?"

"I'm good! Congratulations on the point streak thing!"

"Thank you," Patrick chuckled at my little knowledge of hockey. "Hey I gotta go, Ryan's calling, see ya soon Jamie."

"Bye Patrick!"

Jonathan's P.O.V.

"Bye Patrick!" Jamie waved in the camera with a big smile.

After Patrick went to his side of the room, I looked back at Jamie, she looked lonesome.

"You okay?"

"Yeah," she sighed. "I just miss you, when are you coming home?"

"I'll be home Sunday afternoon, baby girl. Tomorrow's our last game against the Kings."

"Sunday is so far away though."

"Not really," I chuckled softly. "I'll tell you what, Sunday I'll pick you up on my way home from the airport and we can spend the whole day together. Sound good?"

"I have church and work, Jonny." She frowned.

Shit.

"Oh."