Chapter Five: a Band of Brothers

A/N: heyo! This chapter will entirely be in Jonathan's point of view, I hope you enjoy!
-----------
Jonathan stops at a traffic light in his black 2015 BMW 740IL, he was on his way back home after a meet and greet and his lunch date with Jamie. He couldn't stop thinking about her smile, her laugh, she was quite mysterious to the Canadian boy and he liked it. The sound of his text tone took him out of his thoughts, he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and read the text, it was Patrick.

Kaner: where you at??

Tazer: on my way back to my apartment, why?

Jonathan texted back before driving off, paying attention to the road. Patrick replied.

Kaner: meet us at Sharpy's, we got drinks and the cup 😎

Jonathan chuckled to himself as he began typing back, keeping his eyes on the road.

Tazer: alright.

He threw his phone gently in the passenger seat, focusing on the road.

Jonathan parked across the street from a big house, the sun was just about to set as it shined a bit off the windows of the house. He grabbed his phone and walked toward the house, pressing the lock button on the keys. Jonathan walked down the stoned pathway, lights lined and glowed along the way, the door to the house had the Blackhawks Indian head logo sticker on it, it was big enough for the door. He knocked, waiting for someone to open the door.

"Who is it?" A familiar voice spoke from behind the door.

"This is your Captain speaking." Jon replied.

The door opened and Andrew Shaw was standing in the doorway.

"Who invited this guy?" He joked.

Jonathan smiled and gently punched Andrew's shoulder as he walked in.

"Patrick's really into team spirit." Jonathan laughed softly, motioning back at the team logo on the door.

"The girls put it there." Andrew chuckled.

Jonathan and Andrew walked into the living room where Patrick Kane, Bryan Bickell, Brandon Saad and Corey Crawford were sitting on the tanned sofa drinking and laughing. In the back of the living room was the kitchen, Patrick Sharp and Johnny Oduya were watching Scott Darling and Marián Hossa make homemade chicken wings, Jonathan sniffed as the scents from the kitchen were mesmerizing and pleasant to the nose.

Buffalo sauce..

His eyes shifted to the island of the kitchen where Niklas Hjalmarsson was putting vegetables and raw pieces of chicken onto skewers, Andrew left Jonathan to help Brent Seabrook and Marcus Krüger outside on the patio, the aroma of barbecue filled the house as Andrew opened the sliding back door. Jonathan appreciated the brotherhood of the team, they were more than just a bunch of grown men ice skating around pushing a puck into a net, no, they were a family, and all of them knew that.

Jonathan made his way to the sofa as he took off his suit jacket and folded it over his arms, he sat across from Corey and Patrick.

"Heyyy, JonnyBoy!" The boys greeted loudly.

"Hey guys." he smiled at his friends.

"Where have you been?" Patrick asked as he handed Jonathan a bottle of beer.

"I was busy all day with press and interviews and photo shoots and.." A tired sigh escaped his lips as he rolled up his sleeves and opened his beer.

"Long day, huh?" Brandon said

Jonathan looked at him and nodded, although the rest of the day was tiring his date with Jamie was the highlight. He smiled at the thought of her.